New Approach to Anti-gravity [Split from: A New Area Law in General Relativity, questions.]

Wulphstein

2 hours ago, Mordred said:

You will never be able to generate antigravity. All forms of matter has positive mass/energy. This results in positive curvature.

All known, all discovered so far, all created by human so far, would be more appropriate form. i.e. less demagogical..

ps. Not imputing that there exist matter with negative mass, but for human-scientist what is unknown, is unknown.. ;)

2 hours ago, Mordred said:

You will never be able to generate antigravity. All forms of matter has positive mass/energy. This results in positive curvature.

I will require someone with knowledge of physics who is also an innovator.  If you close your eyes and ears, it is inevitable that you will choose not to understand the argument.  I can't change that. 

Since you won't read the paper I attached, I'll have to get handy with Latex coding.  I'll have to experiment with it.

I uploaded a PDF file that we can discuss, if you're interested.

Begin antigravity tech.pdf

25 minutes ago, Sensei said:

All known, all discovered so far, all created by human so far, would be more appropriate form. i.e. less demagogical..

ps. Not imputing that there exist matter with negative mass, but for human-scientist what is unknown, is unknown.. ;)

You don't need exotic matter to create spacetime curvature. 

Edited by Wulphstein

38 minutes ago, Wulphstein said:

You don't need exotic matter

to create spacetime curvature. 

No you don't, however anti gravity is a different devil.

When you get down to it gravity is nothing more than spacetime curvature.  So how can you cause spacetime to generate anti gravity ?

1 minute ago, Mordred said:

No you don't, however anti gravity is a different devil.

When you get down to it gravity is nothing more than spacetime curvature.  So how can you cause spacetime to generate anti gravity ?

Bingo!  That I can explain. 

But first, I'm trying to get Latex to work.  Unless you're okay reading PDF files.

1 hour ago, Wulphstein said:

But first, I'm trying to get Latex to work.  Unless you're okay reading PDF files.

Your whole statement is supported by the fact that a photon can escape the gravitational pull of the black hole  . But that's not possible!

1 hour ago, Wulphstein said:

And you use expressions such as "not proven yet".

4 hours ago, Wulphstein said:

I uploaded a PDF file that we can discuss, if you're interested.

So the whole thing is based on a concept you have made up (this so called "thread" of spacetime).

Then you wanton "centrifuge" photons. I'm not sure what that means, how it can be done or why it would create red and blue shift.

There seems to be a certain amount of reality and detail missing.

13 hours ago, Wulphstein said:

I will require someone with knowledge of physics who is also an innovator.  If you close your eyes and ears, it is inevitable that you will choose not to understand the argument.  I can't change that. 

Since you won't read the paper I attached, I'll have to get handy with Latex coding.

That's a tad premature. Much of your paper is just text, and you are making claims before any equations show up.

Use a beam splitter to split a laser beam into two beams, two sets of photons, p1 and p2, that are connected by a hypothetical entanglement called a thread.

OK, hypothetical entanglement. You have to establish this before it makes sense to go any further.

A thread is a proxy for a small piece of spacetime.

Yeah, you'll have to explain this, too.

Then, use centrifuges to blueshift p1 photons, redshift p2 photons.

How?

The idea is to induce atime dilation across the thread.

You need to explain what you mean by this.

Since it’s a piece of spacetime, then it should acquire length contractionas well, which is qualitatively similar to curvature. The output of the laser beam would be a curvature beam. A curvature beam would act like a tractor beam, antigravity.

And this. A "curvature beam"?

Why are the photons necessary? 

Why would length contraction lead to antigravity?

The rest of it.  This is about as far as I've gotten.  The important part is that, if we really got good at centrifuging threads (quantum entanglement between two photons), they they could store a gravitational potential energy of [latex] \Delta U = (1.0010295)*h\nu[/latex]

The rest of it.pdf

Edited by Wulphstein

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

What does "centrifuging photons" mean?

What equipment would this require?

What would you do to generate a red or a blue shift? How much red/blue shift would be generated?

Where I work, one of my jobs is to hook up optical fiber in different ways.  The original picture I had in mind was to take an optical fiber and attach it to a spinning disk, from the inner radius at r1=1cm to the outer radius at r2 = 1meter, along the radii of the disk, and then spin it at 100 revolutions per second (preferably faster).  A spinning disk produces a centripetal acceleration field of [latex] a = r \omega^2 [/latex].   If photons are injected into the r1 optical core (core is the glass part that the photons can enter and leave from), they will have no choice but to travel along the radii at the speed of light (in glass).  They can't travel faster, but their frequency will blue shift a little bit.  If the photons are injected at the  r2 core, they travel up to the r1 core, at the speed of light (in glass) and exit; this will cause them to redshift.  This is what I mean by centrifuging photons.  You would have to centrifuge these photons, perhaps several million times.  That would require special engineering which I've talked about in my paper.  Those ideas are only partially developed so far.

Just now, Amazing Random said:

If you mean the Cassimir effect , you are mistaken , it is not anti-gravity.

I meant what I said, not what you thought I was saying.  Go back and read. 

The Cassimir effect proves that virtual photons are exigent (that means they actually exist); they're not just some math quirk that can be ignored.  

You get the antigravity by entangling pairs of photons p1 and p2.  The p1 photons are blueshifted using centrifuges, the p2 photons are redshifted.  There will be an acceleration field between them.  That is how you get anti-gravity.

Just now, Wulphstein said:

I meant what I said, not what you thought I was saying.  Go back and read. 

The Cassimir effect proves that virtual photons are exigent (that means they actually exist); they're not just some math quirk that can be ignored.  

You get the antigravity by entangling pairs of photons p1 and p2.  The p1 photons are blueshifted using centrifuges, the p2 photons are redshifted.  There will be an acceleration field between them.  That is how you get anti-gravity.

Yes i have read your pdf . First of all you say two photons escaping a black hole which is impossible . And second you talk about something not verified by any experiment . Sorry this is just speculations.

3 minutes ago, Amazing Random said:

Yes i have read your pdf . First of all you say two photons escaping a black hole which is impossible . And second you talk about something not verified by any experiment . Sorry this is just speculations.

We're not using black holes, we're using centrifuges to created anti-gravity.  The black hole example was just to get you thinking about how redshifting and blueshifting can occur strongly around a black hole (which is the point).

You're right, this hasn't been verified by an experiment.  Maybe we should build the experiment!!!!!!!!!

1 minute ago, Wulphstein said:

We're not using black holes, we're using centrifuges to created anti-gravity.  The black hole example was just to get you thinking about how redshifting and blueshifting can occur strongly around a black hole (which is the point).

You're right, this hasn't been verified by an experiment.  Maybe we should build the experiment!!!!!!!!!

Yes how?

1 minute ago, Wulphstein said:

How? 

17 minutes ago, Wulphstein said:

Where I work, one of my jobs is to hook up optical fiber in different ways.  The original picture I had in mind was to take an optical fiber and attach it to a spinning disk, from the inner radius at r1=1cm to the outer radius at r2 = 1meter, along the radii of the disk, and then spin it at 100 revolutions per second (preferably faster).  A spinning disk produces a centripetal acceleration field of a=rω2 .   If photons are injected into the r1 optical core (core is the glass part that the photons can enter and leave from), they will have no choice but to travel along the radii at the speed of light (in glass).  They can't travel faster, but their frequency will blue shift a little bit.  If the photons are injected at the  r2 core, they travel up to the r1 core, at the speed of light (in glass) and exit; this will cause them to redshift.  This is what I mean by centrifuging photons.  You would have to centrifuge these photons, perhaps several million times.  That would require special engineering which I've talked about in my paper.  Those ideas are only partially developed so far.

How do you spin the optical fiber and couple light into it?

8 hours ago, swansont said:

That's a tad premature. Much of your paper is just text, and you are making claims before any equations show up.

OK, hypothetical entanglement. You have to establish this before it makes sense to go any further.

Yeah, you'll have to explain this, too.

How?

You need to explain what you mean by this.

And this. A "curvature beam"?

Why are the photons necessary? 

Why would length contraction lead to antigravity?

I am not an expert at quantum entanglement, but we do know that photons can be entangled.  The non local phenomena is expected to be a virtual photon that is the mechanism that makes entanglement possible.  Virtual photons contain empty quantum states (frequency, wavelength, energy, momentum, etc).  When we centrifuge these entangled photons along the radii of a spinning disk (through an optical fiber), we want the previously mentioned states to be put into an ordered arrangement from smallest to largest.  When this occurs, there will be a gravitational potential between the photons that can induce an acceleration field on a

14 minutes ago, swansont said:

How do you spin the optical fiber and couple light into it?

The least efficient (easiest to understand) way to build this is to start with a monodisk.  A monodisk is a disk of radius 1 meter.  There is an optic fiber that runs from the outer radius r2 = 1m of side A, to the inner radius, r1=1cm on side B.  You will need a long crank shaft, enough to put, let's say 3 million monodisks on the crank shaft.  This configuration will redshift it.  How it works is that you shine the split beam into r2 while it's spinning at 6000 rpms (preferably faster).  The photon burst has to hit a core (optical fiber entrance) that is about 1.5mm across and traveling at hundreds of meters per second, [latex] v = r \omega \[latex].  The burst of photons travel along the optical fiber while experience a change in acceleration, from 394384 m/s2 to 3944 m/s^2.  During which time, the photons will be slightly redshifted.  When they exist the core at r1, they will take a non spinning optical pathway, called a MEOF (mechanically enhanced optical fiber) back to the r2 position of the next disk; I call this a "stage".  The least efficient method of centrifuging will use about 3 million stages to redshift, 3 million more stages to blue shift.  The MEOF will need lenses, optical fiber and possibly mechanical motors under control of a computer to do its job correctly.  It's job is to collect the photons as the exit the spinning disk, pass them through a non spinning pathway, to meet the entrance optical core of the next spinning disk.  A less efficient MEOF will be 10cm thick.  You will have to engineer that to be a lot thinner, and still do its job.

You have to use photons.  If you use massive particles like electrons that are entangled, the electrons will just move faster or slower during the centrifuge process.  You won't be able to trap the acceleration effect in the entanglement, the vacant momentum, distance, energy and frequency quantum states.  If this works right, you would put those states in something resembling a linear order, from smallest to largest.