Animal intelligence...

Externet

2 hours ago, Externet said:

This is new for me, dropped my jaw as never seen before. 

Nice. I would get a few eggs of this bird, rise them, and check whether they are able to make such nest on their own. If not, it is knowledge they gained from their parents, shared and sustained from generation to generation.

Obviously I like Chimp Memory Test:

ps. I have "hilarious" idea for experiment: wear VR glasses on chimp and let him or her walk and see virtual reality through them generated in the real time (and let him or her being able to modify this VR world).

Just now, iNow said:

Done. Still don’t have a useful agreed upon definition for intelligence that enjoys consens

Are Westworld presented entities... A.I. ... ?

What is needed to have consens BTW?

There are different kinds of intelligence. We lack a single model. Five people who say the word will have five different definitions.

I don’t think we’ll ever have a consensus on a single definition, but at least perhaps we can have a consensus to describe specifically what we mean when introducing the term. Do we mean social intelligence, mathematical intelligence, creative intelligence, emotional intelligence, navigational intelligence, political intelligence, verbal intelligence, problem solving intelligence, musical intelligence, algorithmic intelligence, child rearing intelligence, something else?

You see my point?

Edited by iNow

18 minutes ago, iNow said:

You see my point?

Are animals aware of so many definitions of intelligences at all.. ?

18 minutes ago, iNow said:

political intelligence,

Please..... do not provoke me..

Edited by Sensei

8 hours ago, iNow said:

Maybe. Maybe not. Here’s a dog that can identify over 1,000 distinct object accurately:

If I would be making such classification, I would split to "being able to recognize physical object", and "being able to abstract thinking".

On 7/27/2019 at 3:31 PM, Sensei said:

Nice. I would get a few eggs of this bird, rise them, and check whether they are able to make such nest on their own. If not, it is knowledge they gained from their parents, shared and sustained from generation to generation.

Birds, notably crows and parrotts   (esp. the longer lived species) have demonstrated huge vocabularies and an ability to create their own sentences from known words. Crows will use tools and have demonstrated an understanding of concepts like displacement. Plenty of video and research, easily found.African Grey Parrots and crows have featured in a lot of this research.

I'd be inclined to think this particular behaviour is inherent, or 'Fixed", But would be guessing 

Dogs bred for purpose, rather than show ring, often display that sort of fixed behaviour. A good herding dog, pointer, retriever or personal protection dog performs its task inherently with without training. Training is to show the dog how you want the task done.

These environmental responses seem to decrease rapidly once the show ring starts to dictate 'Standards".

Few people using dogs for original purpose will even attempt to utilise a show bred dog.

Edited by naitche

• 2 weeks later...