Hijack from Mother Teresa (split from What made you stop believing in God?)

seriously disabled

I question the existence of God because sometimes life can turn out to be way too cruel and hard.

I believe that only we (humans) can make this world a better place for us to live in, no God would ever do this for us. We are the only hope.

We must address the vast economic inequalities that befleg our planet, the extreme hunger, diseases which maim many people (including young children), the homelessness, suicide and the many other bad things that happen to people in every single day. We can't just accept that God will do this for us (because he won't).

Only we can make this world worth living in and a better place because I believe that no God would ever ever do this for us.

Edited by seriously disabled

2 hours ago, seriously disabled said:

I believe that only we (humans) can make this world a better place for us to live in, no God would ever do this for us. We are the only hope.

A long time ago, I looked up "God helps those who help themselves", to see which part of the Bible that was from, and I was surprised to find it was Ben Franklin who said it. That helped me come to this same revelation you've had. God or no god, making the world a better place to live is OUR job.

2 hours ago, seriously disabled said:

We must address the vast economic inequalities that befleg our planet,

Is that a typo or is this a new word I need to know? It's kind of awesome....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.