Trying to get rid of Dark Energy

QuantumT

Obviously I have no evidence to back the following suggestions up, but neither does other more or less accepted hypothesis, like the 'inside black hole' one, or the 'multiverse' of M-theory.

Suggestion 1:
Could a new big bang have occurred 5 billion years ago, inside our universe, causing our universal expansion to accelerate? Like a balloon inside a balloon?

Suggestion 2:
This one should be easier to dismiss.
Could the big bang have happened in two stages? Stage one releasing only dark matter, and later the version we know, with both matter and dark matter? In that way our universe would be surrounded by a huge gravitational field, that is only getting stronger as we are catching up to it?

I myself lean more towards the 'biased measurements' solution, but until we're sure, I take the acceleration very serious.

I apologize if you think this is a complete waste of your time.

Interesting suggestions, but I can’t see how to make it work with the geometry. Big Bang was ”everywhere”, an earlier Big bang would not surround us. How would a second Big bang produce the same result at every location?

(short answer, lack of time right now)

27 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

Could a new big bang have occurred 5 billion years ago, inside our universe, causing our universal expansion to accelerate? Like a balloon inside a balloon?

I'm not sure how you would define a "Big Bang" in this context, that didn't involve the destruction of the existing universe.

47 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

Suggestion 2:
This one should be easier to dismiss.
Could the big bang have happened in two stages? Stage one releasing only dark matter, and later the version we know, with both matter and dark matter?

Well, dark matter appears to have always existed. Dark energy has always had a constant energy density, so the amount of dark energy has increased over time. That is similar (but more gradual/continuous) than you suggest.

More info here: https://medium.com/starts-with-a-bang/ask-ethan-when-were-dark-matter-and-dark-energy-created-732fe2b19ed5

49 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

I myself lean more towards the 'biased measurements' solution, but until we're sure, I take the acceleration very serious.

That would require different biases in several different measurements, that all conspire to be consistent. 

https---blogs-images.forbes.com-startswithabang-files-2018-09-cosmo-params.jpg.f84f47e859d228f70b1ec36de16befe0.jpg

From: https://www.forbes.com/sites/startswithabang/2019/01/31/dark-energy-may-not-be-a-constant-which-would-lead-to-a-revolution-in-physics/#5cbf71d8b737

Another applicable term could be a Hubble bubble. However terminology aside. The only scenario that can account for DE would have to be homogeneous and isotropic. In essence a uniform distinction and influence.

Neither another BB nor Hubble  bubble could do so and maintain the uniform distribution observational evidence shows.