is Magic possible and does it have anything to do with science?

Aurora light

when I'm talking about magic I'm not talking about a street magician or anything like that,I'm talking about real magic.which is more scientific from where I found then you might think.

first off,you are psychics who can do amazing things and knows things have been proven but how do they do that? I have a clue how.

psy energy or Magi.,in some religions,they say that everything is made of energy,but what if that was true?

well that would explain why psychics can do what they do,take the energy out of the environment and then turn it into psychic energy(or I like to call it magic) and if everything is made of energy than energy would be the smallest thing that everything else is made of.so you could probably use that to do whatever you wanted,if you had enough of it and you could hold all of it that you needed.

I also believe that everyone can use psy energy,but why can some people do telekinesis while most can't?

I think that some people can hold more magic than others and the more magic you can hold the more magic you can do and I believe you can practice it like a muscle to be able to hold more and do more Magic.

I honestly think there is 3 things to Magic.

1:the believe you can do it or wanting to do it.

think about this,if you do believe you have a hand,then could you pick something up with it?or if you didn't want to pick something up,would you?

of course you wouldn't and magic is the same exact thing,that's why you have to believe it to do it and want it to do it.

2: the knowledge of how to do it. obviously.

and 3: the energy and psychic energy required because you have to obey the laws of physics.

I would like to know what you all think of this theory so type below! <3

45 minutes ago, Aurora light said:

I also believe that everyone can use psy energy,but why can some people do telekinesis while most can't?

Nobody can move things with their minds in a way that would satisfy normal scientific skepticism. If they could, why hasn't even one of them passed experimental observation? We could easily test for something like that, and we have, and we've never found anyone that could do it. Many claim to, but they never pass the testing.

Do you know anything about evolution? Given that moving objects mentally would be a HUGE advantage to any species, a trait like that would most certainly be passed along to future generations. If "psy" powers were even a little bit true, it wouldn't take very many generations before we started seeing LOTS of evidence. We don't, therefore we can safely say these "powers" are unsupported and probably just wishful thinking. There is no evidence for telekinesis.

As for the rest of it, there has to be a mechanism for channeling energy to be used for work. Muscles are one such mechanism, but we have no organs for "psy" powers. All the things we do with our brains (which is an AMAZING amount) may not be known currently, but there is no mechanism that could convert brain functions directly into work. It's similar to claims that "toxins" can be pulled from the body using an electrolytic foot bath. It's a bogus claim because, again, no mechanism exists for drawing anything from the soles of the feet (except perhaps skin cells and friction). But it SOUNDS like it would work, so the claims fool a lot of people.

19 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

why hasn't even one of them passed experimental observation?

probably because the higher-ups don't want us to know about it,the FBI keep a lot of Secrets so maybe this is one of them and maybe the other countries do the same thing,I mean think about it,if magic was possible do you think anyone who found it first would want people would want people to know about it or would they want to go to the top and hide it for that they can stay at the top,I would say staying at the top would be more likely as well as them hiding it then anything else.

and it has been tested many times and there was results to some of those tests just the government wants to keep those tests as hidden as possible so that they can stay in the top.

Edited by Aurora light

8 hours ago, Aurora light said:

if magic was possible do you think anyone who found it first would want people would want people to know about it or would they want to go to the top and hide it for that they can stay at the top,

If magic were possible do you think all those who could use it would allow it to be kept secret like that?

8 hours ago, Aurora light said:

and it has been tested many times and there was results to some of those tests just the government wants to keep those tests as hidden as possible so that they can stay in the top.

How do you know about these tests and the results, if the government is keeping them secret?

9 hours ago, Aurora light said:

probably because the higher-ups don't want us to know about it,the FBI keep a lot of Secrets so maybe this is one of them and maybe the other countries do the same thing,I mean think about it,if magic was possible do you think anyone who found it first would want people would want people to know about it or would they want to go to the top and hide it for that they can stay at the top,I would say staying at the top would be more likely as well as them hiding it then anything else.

!

Moderator Note

This isn't a conspiracy forum, it's a science forum.

If one wished to posit that magic is real, one needs to present evidence for it.

Reminds me of a passage of Lee Siegel, quoted in many texts by Dennett:

I am writing a book on magic, I explain, and I am asked, 'Real magic?' By real magic people mean miracles, thaumaturgical acts, and supernatural powers. 'No', I answer: 'Conjuring tricks, not real magic'. Real magic, in other words, refers to the magic that is not real, while the magic that is real, that can actually be done, is not real magic

Magic as performed on street corners and stages by professional magicians are simply sleight of hand trickery and illusions.

Magic as in supernatural, paranormal is at best a totally unscientific mythical concept, that has no real scientific basis, and lacks any real empirical evidence. 

Magic and science are not compatible, but magic and life should be. 

It would be a shame if science obscures the magic of life; understanding how the engineering problems were overcome and the maths of how to accurately get to the moon, pales in the magic and awe of looking up at that celestial body and knowing that one of us is looking down at this one. 

Knowledge and understanding, magic and science, are two very different things; no real reason they can't both exist as long as we understand why they're both valuable.

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

It would be a shame if science obscures the magic of life; understanding how the engineering problems were overcome and the maths of how to accurately get to the moon, pales in the magic and awe of looking up at that celestial body and knowing that one of us is looking down at this one. 

And that is what makes “not real” magic so magical

Aurora light;

On 7/16/2019 at 8:26 PM, Aurora light said:

Yes there was a lot of testing done in the 1960's and 1970's by governments, Universities, AND private individuals. But they were not testing magic, they were testing psychic phenomenon. 

They learned that psychic phenomenon does happen; they also learned that there was no way to control it, to cause it to happen on command, so it was useless to continue the studies. Nothing was hidden as there were numerous articles about the various studies. There was no conspiracy.

It is important to remember that there are a lot of differences between Science, science fiction, and Hollywood movies about mutants.

Science and evolution have a long way to go before we will have any control over psychic phenomenon, if we ever do.

Gee

14 minutes ago, Gees said:

They learned that psychic phenomenon does happen; they also learned that there was no way to control it, to cause it to happen on command

I learned that magic mushrooms worked for me...

• 1 month later...
On 7/16/2019 at 4:50 PM, StringJunky said:

Magic is a function of naive ignorance and once one is enlightened the magic disappears.

I couldn't have said that better.

There is absolutely no such thing as magic and the believe in magic is a leftover of early human development. Science is killing magic.

Edited by Art Man

On 7/17/2019 at 3:00 AM, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

This isn't a conspiracy forum, it's a science forum.

If one wished to posit that magic is real, one needs to present evidence for it.

Thats what makes something magic. The lack of evidence 

Edited by Art Man

1 hour ago, Art Man said:

Thats what makes something magic. The lack of evidence 

!

Moderator Note

Which you just admitted doesn't exist, making this moot. Please don't troll. Generally speaking, modnotes are not for responses, unless one is called for in the modnote. They are for reminding people of the rules and parameters for discussion, or other information dissemination. Announcements, not discussions.

5 hours ago, Art Man said:

There is absolutely no such thing as magic and the believe in magic is a leftover of early human development. Science is killing magic.

Have you never had a lucky <insert object/ritual here>? Besides not everything explicable lacks magic.

Ignorance has many guises, even a polymath has gaps in their knowledge...

If you ever get to wonder why, that can be magical; if you think you know why, that can be delusional.