What new law would you make?

dimreepr

13 minutes ago, MigL said:

And your answer to the problem is legislation, not education.

That’s the constraint of the the thread, as set by the OP, not necessarily what is considered best path by the responding poster. 

Geesh. You okay lately? You’ve been more judgey than a hormonal teenager on Insta these last few days. Chillax, homie :)

Edited by iNow

9 hours ago, iNow said:

That’s the constraint of the the thread, as set by the OP, not necessarily what is considered best path by the responding poster. 

Geesh. You okay lately? You’ve been more judgey than a hormonal teenager on Insta these last few days. Chillax, homie :)

8 hours ago, MigL said:

Thanks for the advice, INow
Hadn't occurred to me I was being too judgmental.
My apologies Airbrush.

You two should get a room.
On the bright side, Trump is coming to Warsaw on Friday. Probably half of the city will be locked from traffic so I will reschedule stuff to next week and will sit on my porch reading Lee Smolin's new book.   

1 hour ago, koti said:

You two should get a room.

Your threshold for what's considered intimacy seems a few orders of magnitude lower than mine. Lol

New law? When fires start in global rain forests you must accept help putting them out.

16 minutes ago, iNow said:

Your threshold for what's considered intimacy seems a few orders of magnitude lower than mine. Lol

Oh stop being so shy :P 

New law? When fires start in global rain forests you must accept help putting them out.

I would follow Italy and Iceland and legislate ban for unvaccinated children in kindergardens and schools and prevent unvaccinated people from crossing borders.

2 minutes ago, koti said:

I would follow Italy and Iceland and legislate ban for unvaccinated children in kindergardens and schools and prevent unvaccinated people from crossing borders.

That seems to be the very definition of a slippery slope.

1 minute ago, dimreepr said:

That seems to be the very definition of a slippery slope.

Yes. For the people who refuse vaccines and orher medical care it is. If it was up to me I would send them all to a remote island, Trump style. 

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Let's not forget that thalidomide was once recommended.

Well sure, but what does thalidomide have to do with mothers giving their children vit C injections instead of vaccinating them or stuffing them with anti human warm medication instead of giving them ipuprofen for a high fever (yes, this is actually happening)

Edited by koti

I read where Brazilian President J Bolsonaro is refusing to accept aid for the rainforest fires unless E Macron apologises for calling hin a lier.
Totally disregarding the coments he made about E Macron's wife.

I guess there are other world leaders just as childish as D Trump.

2 minutes ago, koti said:

Well sure, but what does thalidomide have to do with nothers giving their children vit C injections instead of vaccinating them or stuffing them with anti human warm medication instead of giving them ipuprofen for a high fever (yes, this happening)

Imagine a world that didn't just recommend thalidomide but insisted on it? And that's not even the slope I'm referring too...

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Imagine a world that didn't just recommend thalidomide but insisted on it? And that's not even the slope I'm referring too...

Imagine a world where people could decide whether to cross the street on a red or green light. 

I'm not suggesting we don't vaccinate or even legislate against the non vaxers; we just need to think very carefully before we start banning people from fundamental human rights.

8 minutes ago, koti said:

Imagine a world where people could decide whether to cross the street on a red or green light. 

I don't need to imagine it, I live it; I don't need to wait for a green light, I need to wait for the cars to stop...

1 minute ago, koti said:

I meant when driving.

Doesn't change my answer...

Anyone who chooses to run a red light is more in need of help than a penalty...

On 8/24/2019 at 5:28 PM, Airbrush said:

What new law would I push if I were king?

Tax junk foods.  Much, if not most, need for medical attention stems from people eating too much of the wrong foods (salt, sugar, fat, artificial additives, and preservatives). 

So you'd tax the very thing you installed? 

That's the very definition of a drug dealer...

Are you trying to be cruel?

48 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Not the point.  koti was not suggesting a law forcing vaccinations on those who don't want them, but that they be removed to someplace where their choice will have no effect on the public health.  Thalidomide was prescribed to alleviate nausea from morning sickness,  not exactly a public health issue.    And once the link between it and birth effects was suspected, it took very little time for scientific studies to confirm the link.    This is a far cry from vaccination which has been in use for decades with no evidence of them having an overall negative effect. 

6 minutes ago, Janus said:
1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Not the point. 

Very much the point... 

7 minutes ago, Janus said:

koti was not suggesting a law forcing vaccinations on those who don't want them, but that they be removed to someplace where their choice will have no effect on the public health.

What's the difference?

1 hour ago, dimreepr said:

Anyone who chooses to run a red light is more in need of help than a penalty...

I agree and Im in support of them getting all the help they need. As long as they are removed from the roads that is...just like anti vaxers should receive all the help they need while being locked away on a remote island. 

1 minute ago, koti said:

I agree and Im in support of them getting all the help they need. As long as they are removed from the roads that is...just like anti vaxers should receive all the help they need while being locked away on a remote island. 

There are no islands, just stepping stones in the road...

11 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

There are no islands, just stepping stones in the road...

Sure there are...if you keep running a red light youre going to end up in your small little "island" where you won't be a risk to others anymore. 

58 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Very much the point... 

What's the difference?

The difference is that they are still afforded the choice, but that their choice cannot negatively effect others.

There seems be a growing trend in this country that "freedom" means doing whatever you damn well please no matter how it effects others.  If your choice has a negative effect on someone else it's  "so sad, too bad".

So while you might defend their right to choose, the public also has a right not to be exposed to risks not of their choosing.

Edited by Janus