Jump to content
Cullen J

Can anyone believe Hillary Clinton was supposed to loose the election according to Bible?

Recommended Posts

In the bible Genesis chapter 3:16 we learn that man was to rule over woman,this really haunts me to this day since elections,could this be the reason Hillary lose??.i try asking people this but i end up sounding weird,i knew right before elections Trump would win because it couldn't  make sense a woman winning and rule the world,because that would mean something totally opposite  from the Bible...am i going crazy? Does anyone understand what am trying to point out? I got the feeling some people wondering whats up with me but is there anyone out there seeing some light in my point? Help me understand  where am wrong Let me know your thoughts,thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may have chosen the wrong forum. This is a science forum, not a bible study.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, QuantumT said:

You may have chosen the wrong forum. This is a science forum, not a bible study.

isn't this supposed to be 'atleast' in religion category ??????????? smh...u making my head hurt more but its ok,my apology if i wasn't  supposed to Post here.

Edited by Cullen J

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

In the bible Genesis chapter 3:16 we learn that man was to rule over woman,this really haunts me to this day since elections,could this be the reason Hillary lose??.i try asking people this but i end up sounding weird,i knew right before elections Trump would win because it couldn't  make sense a woman winning and rule the world,because that would mean something totally opposite  from the Bible...am i going crazy? Does anyone understand what am trying to point out? I got the feeling some people wondering whats up with me but is there anyone out there seeing some light in my point? Help me understand  where am wrong Let me know your thoughts,thank you.

Stop believing everything you read in the tabloids.

Edited by koti

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

In the bible Genesis chapter 3:16 we learn that man was to rule over woman

That is because it was written and edited by men, so it reflects the ideas of the time.

That is an outdated and ridiculous idea now.

53 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

could this be the reason Hillary lose?

Of course not. (Despite the fact that a lot of the support for Trump comes from the Christian Right.)

54 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

i knew right before elections Trump would win because it couldn't  make sense a woman winning and rule the world,because that would mean something totally opposite  from the Bible.

There have been plenty of women elected to be the hands of their governments. The UK has their second female prime minister (and a female monarch). Many other countries have or have had female leaders. This is just another way in which the US is behind the times.

(And the president of the USA does not "rule the world", much as some of them would like to believe they do.)

The Bible is pretty much irrelevant to the modern world.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"Can anyone believe Hillary Clinton was supposed to loose the election according to Bible?"
Well, if they believe that the Biblical God would think Trump is "good" or  "right" then they can believe anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok i get it but not the way i expected,mayb i dint make it very clear..but i appreciate your comments except  that guy talkin about tabloids,i have never even thought of reading tabloids...i feel offended! U cud have just not say anything instead.i just aired my thoughts that was a bit of problem to me and just wanted a kind opinion ,and you talkin about tabloids????????????  how rude!! Am sorry guys but if someone see this as nonsense then i beg this topic to be removed,thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"(And the president of the USA does not "rule the world", much as some of them would like to believe they do.)"

Should that not be

(And the president of the USA does not "rule the world", much as HE would like to believe HE does.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

and you talkin about tabloids????????????  how rude!!

I can't see why you think that is rude. In my country, tabloids are the largest selling papers and so most people read them.

10 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

i beg this topic to be removed,thank you.

!

Moderator Note

We do not delete topics.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Strange said:

That is because it was written and edited by men, so it reflects the ideas of the time.

That is an outdated and ridiculous idea now.

Of course not. (Despite the fact that a lot of the support for Trump comes from the Christian Right.)

There have been plenty of women elected to be the hands of their governments. The UK has their second female prime minister (and a female monarch). Many other countries have or have had female leaders. This is just another way in which the US is behind the times.

(And the president of the USA does not "rule the world", much as some of them would like to believe they do.)

The Bible is pretty much irrelevant to the modern world.

About the tabloid thing,i concluded  it rude because i felt as if that guy was saying i believe in those crazy stories and gossip found in tabloids,u understand? Im sorry i dint make it clear what i meant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

About the tabloid thing,i concluded  it rude because i felt as if that guy was saying i believe in those crazy stories and gossip found in tabloids,u understand? Im sorry i dint make it clear what i meant

Whereas it is OK to believe these crazy things because you read it in the bible? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The answer is probably yes. There's over 7 billion people in the World after all...there has to be someone out there...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Forget it..Let me simplify  this whole thing, i intended to ask, "If God cursed woman that she will forever look up to man,how is it that there are some women presidents?" Its just that simple.i need to know.and kindly if you say it doesnt apply to modern time,how is it so? Because thats a curse to woman from God Himself and its plainly in the Bible.[If Jesus said He will come back then so He will]...[If God cursed woman forever to be under man then thats the case forever]  i dont believe that things can change from what was written in bible...i think i complicated the matter talkin about Trump and Hillary..so this is the real question,how is  it that woman can be president and rule man according to your understanding unlike what God said in Genesis? Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cullen J said:

Help me understand  where am wrong

Women gained knowledge, so God punished them by making them subservient to men. Men get to rule, but women got the first bite of th goe apple, so they're probably smarter. 

I think it was a woman who first figured out apple trees don't grow from the ground. They grow from the air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Women have been and currently are leaders all over the world. Not every human on the planet is as dumb as the average American. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

Let me simplify  this whole thing, i intended to ask, "If God cursed woman that she will forever look up to man,how is it that there are some women presidents?" Its just that simple.

Let's take a step back and think about logic.

Your sentence has the basic structure of a logical proposition: if A then B. This means that if A is true then B must be true. If B is not true then either the logic must be faulty (which in this trivial case, we can be sure it isn't) to the premise (A) must be false.

So, in answer to your question, we can decide that the premise ("If God cursed woman that she will forever look up to man") is false. This could be because god never cursed women in this way. Or that this god doesn't exist. Or maybe some other error. Take your pick.

To put it another way: where a myth conflicts with reality, we have to conclude that reality is correct and the myth is wrong.

45 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

Because thats a curse to woman from God Himself and its plainly in the Bible.

That doesn't make it true.

45 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

ow is  it that woman can be president and rule man according to your understanding unlike what God said in Genesis?

Because men and women are just people and are equally capable of running a country. And the bible is just a collection of stories.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

Forget it..Let me simplify  this whole thing, i intended to ask, "If God cursed woman that she will forever look up to man,how is it that there are some women presidents?" Its just that simple.i need to know.and kindly if you say it doesnt apply to modern time,how is it so? Because thats a curse to woman from God Himself and its plainly in the Bible.[If Jesus said He will come back then so He will]...[If God cursed woman forever to be under man then thats the case forever]  i dont believe that things can change from what was written in bible...i think i complicated the matter talkin about Trump and Hillary..so this is the real question,how is  it that woman can be president and rule man according to your understanding unlike what God said in Genesis? Thank you.

Have you considered that the premise that the Bible is true is the culprit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Strange said:

Let's take a step back and think about logic.

Your sentence has the basic structure of a logical proposition: if A then B. This means that if A is true then B must be true. If B is not true then either the logic must be faulty (which in this trivial case, we can be sure it isn't) to the premise (A) must be false.

So, in answer to your question, we can decide that the premise ("If God cursed woman that she will forever look up to man") is false. This could be because god never cursed women in this way. Or that this god doesn't exist. Or maybe some other error. Take your pick.

To put it another way: where a myth conflicts with reality, we have to conclude that reality is correct and the myth is wrong.

That doesn't make it true.

Because men and women are just people and are equally capable of running a country. And the bible is just a collection of stories.

So if A was faulty,then i think we just proved god is not real base on that,i mean i dont know what do you think? All i can say is that you might be right that god dint curse woman that way but the way genesis 3:16 is written never stops getting in my head...but i appreciate your thought,now i know something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If this is true, God let Nero, Genghis Khan, Ivan the Terrible, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Pinochet, Mao, Osama Bin Laden, Ferdinand Marcos, Idi Amin, Franco, Saddam Hussein, etc etc etc happen. Political leaders and regimes who literally murdered millions of people

Why would the divine intervene in the 2016 election? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Arete said:

If this is true, God let Nero, Genghis Khan, Ivan the Terrible, Stalin, Hitler, Pol Pot, Pinochet, Mao, Osama Bin Laden, Ferdinand Marcos, Idi Amin, Franco, Saddam Hussein, etc etc etc happen. Political leaders and regimes who literally murdered millions of people

Why would the divine intervene in the 2016 election? 

 

Let's say all that happened as part of punishment to humanity,woman could have been the better version of leadership but she screwed it up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

Let's say all that happened as part of punishment to humanity,woman could have been the better version of leadership but she screwed it up...

I find that kind of generalizing repugnant. What mistake did all women make? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

Let's say all that happened as part of punishment to humanity,woman could have been the better version of leadership but she screwed it up...

Yes, let's pretend humanity is being punished and it's all her fault; does that make you feel better?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She technically won by 3 Million votes, so I guess god decided to punish all women by punishing us all with the electoral college. Mysterious ways, indeed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Yes, let's pretend humanity is being punished and it's all her fault; does that make you feel better?

You just dont get it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cullen J said:

You just dont get it!!

Maybe you should explain what you are talking about, then.

So far, all we've had is biblical literalism (which is a ridiculous concept)  and attacks on women.

Do you have anything useful to say?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.