Hijack from This is Stunning! with an awe inspiring 7 minute video I suggest all to watch:

Polinski

22 minutes ago, beecee said:

Then I suggest you didn't read it fully. Let's start anyway with the "Mirror Pools" and of course the main point of the article and my posting it, the presence of pollution in the deepest parts of the Ocean.

Again I remember when these were first discovered, they were said to be a new type of life not dependent on the Sun, people speculated that life could have begun at these vents.  Chemosynthetic bacteria were new and alien to science.  The mirror pools actually represent better lighting and photography that was not available in the past, is there a straw there that threatens the Earth.  Yea some people say so.  The Earth survived a collision so great that the Moon was created, plastic isn't ending anything

46 minutes ago, Polinski said:

Again I remember when these were first discovered, they were said to be a new type of life not dependent on the Sun, people speculated that life could have begun at these vents.  Chemosynthetic bacteria were new and alien to science.  The mirror pools actually represent better lighting and photography that was not available in the past, is there a straw there that threatens the Earth.  Yea some people say so.  The Earth survived a collision so great that the Moon was created, plastic isn't ending anything

Great...we'll dump it off at your house

54 minutes ago, Polinski said:

The thermovents were discovered 40 odd years ago...the mirror pools and the pollution at such great depths were not....Unless of course you have some link detailing that they were discovered 40 years ago? Yep, better lighting etc was not available 40 years ago, hence the discovery this year.

And please, educate me as to what  the collision of any body with Earth, has to do with deep Ocean pollution? 

You overall appear rather hesitant that the mountains and mountains of plastic discard is causing any problem? Maybe it's time you did some realistic, scientific unbiased research into that field then.

Here, you can start your research here......https://www.wwf.org.au/news/news/2019/wwf-releases-report-on-global-plastic-pollution-crisis?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu-HoBRD5ARIsAPIPendfraEe4OM4rlU81yqAUsnmiTk

18 minutes ago, beecee said:

The thermovents were discovered 40 odd years ago...the mirror pools and the pollution at such great depths were not....Unless of course you have some link detailing that they were discovered 40 years ago? Yep, better lighting etc was not available 40 years ago, hence the discovery this year.

And please, educate me as to what  the collision of any body with Earth, has to do with deep Ocean pollution? 

You overall appear rather hesitant that the mountains and mountains of plastic discard is causing any problem? Maybe it's time you did some realistic, scientific unbiased research into that field then.

Here, you can start your research here......https://www.wwf.org.au/news/news/2019/wwf-releases-report-on-global-plastic-pollution-crisis?gclid=Cj0KCQjwu-HoBRD5ARIsAPIPendfraEe4OM4rlU81yqAUsnmiTk

The moon was created by a collision of some sort with the earth, the earth the oceans and hydrothermal vents all survived.   That said the straws in my kitchen are not going to destroy the earth as some believe.  

Edited by Polinski

1 minute ago, Polinski said:

The moon was created by a collision of some sort with the earth, the earth the oceans and hydrothermal vents all survived.   That said the straws in my kitchen are not going to destroy the earth as some believe.  

No. At the proposed time of the theoretical collision, the Earth was still partly molten and the Oceans did not exist. With your little straw nonsense, let me say that you can dismiss the science for as long as you like, but the evidence tells us different. 

34 minutes ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Great...we'll dump it off at your house

Its snowing in Colorado by the way because the solar minimum is here.  So much for al gores claim of no more snow.

Summer snow, ice age on the way

3 minutes ago, beecee said:

No. At the proposed time of the theoretical collision, the Earth was still partly molten and the Oceans did not exist. With your little straw nonsense, let me say that you can dismiss the science for as long as you like, but the evidence tells us different. 

Then there was the asteroid that hit the yucatan and killed the dinosaurs and the earth survived, only to be destroyed by straws.

Sure

2 hours ago, Polinski said:

Then there was the asteroid that hit the yucatan and killed the dinosaurs and the earth survived, only to be destroyed by straws.

Sure

We get hit by meteorites every day...It just depends on the size. And of course if humanity had of been around when the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs, it would also have done the same to us. And who said anything about straws destroying the planet.  Going on your attitude here with regards to pollution, your house must be a real pig sty.

2 hours ago, Polinski said:

Its snowing in Colorado by the way because the solar minimum is here.  So much for al gores claim of no more snow.

Sure

There'll still be axial tilt. Temperatures and weather will be off is the main issue. The Late Winter, Longer Summer effect.

More an issue for farming and human health/comfort. Honestly snow would be welcome right now. Seeing high temperatures earlier and earlier in the year here. Parts of the world are getting hit real bad.

Plastic in the oceans besides ending up in fish we eat is also changing the marine ecosystem. Organisms that were once restricted in movement now have an expanded niche. Change of this sort is not really a great thing with how our societies are set up.

5 hours ago, Polinski said:

Sure

Plastics can have a significant effect on ecosystems, and any change in ecosystems can have further effects. Any changes are more likely to have detrimental than positive effects on higher organisms that evolved very slowly over long periods of time.

I'm not aware of any connection between plastics in the ocean and the expected rate of climate change, but climate change is not the only potential negative effect on an ecosystem. You of course would know that...but your comments don't reflect it.

3 hours ago, J.C.MacSwell said:

Plastics can have a significant effect on ecosystems, and any change in ecosystems can have further effects. Any changes are more likely to have detrimental than positive effects on higher organisms that evolved very slowly over long periods of time.

I'm not aware of any connection between plastics in the ocean and the expected rate of climate change, but climate change is not the only potential negative effect on an ecosystem. You of course would know that...but your comments don't reflect it.

I agree that the entire ocean pollution situation is very sad and needs to be addressed asap.  However the belief that banning straws is a step that will have meaningful impact on the overall situation merely elaborates the fact that delusional psychotics are in charge and making policy.

7 hours ago, beecee said:

We get hit by meteorites every day...It just depends on the size. And of course if humanity had of been around when the asteroid that killed off the dinosaurs, it would also have done the same to us. And who said anything about straws destroying the planet.  Going on your attitude here with regards to pollution, your house must be a real pig sty.

The Earth does not get hit by meteorites that leave hundred mile wide craters everyday.  So why go here?

7 hours ago, Endy0816 said:

There'll still be axial tilt. Temperatures and weather will be off is the main issue. The Late Winter, Longer Summer effect.

More an issue for farming and human health/comfort. Honestly snow would be welcome right now. Seeing high temperatures earlier and earlier in the year here. Parts of the world are getting hit real bad.

Plastic in the oceans besides ending up in fish we eat is also changing the marine ecosystem. Organisms that were once restricted in movement now have an expanded niche. Change of this sort is not really a great thing with how our societies are set up.

The amount of overall plastics entering the ocean everyday might actually be a greater amount then the amount of drinking straws manufactured in all of human history, which means that straws are trivial.  Funny that cities are banning straws but not water and soda bottles that generate tax revenue.  Hypocritical delusional fools are in charge

Edited by Polinski

1 hour ago, Polinski said:

I agree that the entire ocean pollution situation is very sad and needs to be addressed asap.  However the belief that banning straws is a step that will have meaningful impact on the overall situation merely elaborates the fact that delusional psychotics are in charge and making policy.

Perhaps your own delusion needs looking at since I don't believe straws have been mentioned, other then by your self in your poor attempt at deriding science and the obvious...The problem ol son is plastics, period.

The Earth does not get hit by meteorites that leave hundred mile wide craters everyday.  So why go here?

You raised the collisions scenario in another obtuse effort of yours along with your errors re the OP and discoveries, now you are side stepping again. . 

The amount of overall plastics entering the ocean everyday might actually be a greater amount then the amount of drinking straws manufactured in all of human history, which means that straws are trivial.  Funny that cities are banning straws but not water and soda bottles that generate tax revenue.  Hypocritical delusional fools are in charge

wrong again, In my city we have recycling of all plastics, some banning of straws and plastic bags and even takeaway coffee cups.

With the recycling effort we receive 10 cents on every returned plastic bottle or tin or alluminium can.

Edited by beecee

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.