Collatz Proof

Zolar V

50 minutes ago, Zolar V said:

Took me long enough,  but here is the definitive proof to the collatz conjecture.   Anyone able to endorse me to publish on arxiv?

Collatz V2.1.pdf

Why not submit it to a math journal, if you are confident it is correct?

Have you had any other mathematicians check it?

I've had a few of my math major friends look, they're also confident it is true.   How would i publish to a math journal?  I dont even know where to start

I do know it would be in Number Theory

4 hours ago, Zolar V said:

Took me long enough,  but here is the definitive proof to the collatz conjecture.   Anyone able to endorse me to publish on arxiv?

Collatz V2.1.pdf

This would be really big if your proof holds. If I were you, I would try publishing at arxiv.org...and don't forget to mention SFN :D 
Unfortunately I'm not equipped enough to judge your work.

My goal is to publish on arxiv, but of course I need to be endorsed.   In order to be endorsed, i need to be recognized by someone who does publish in the field.  However, I doubt many would actually take me and my proof seriously considering the conjecture that I indeed did prove.   Especially due to the lack of math publishing and non math major degree status.   I have my bachelors in science, with minors in both math and biology.  But that in itself wouldn't be enough to be noticed.

I have emailed both my old undergraduate faculty and Dr. Lagarias, as he has written a lot about the history of the conjecture and I believe he would be the most knowledgeable and interested in my work. 

uhh, sorry for the delay.  My office got invaded by a wood wasp. I promptly got up and closed the door and , not so promptly, got a vacuum, sucked him up, and transported him to the outdoors.

4 minutes ago, Zolar V said:

My goal is to publish on arxiv, but of course I need to be endorsed.   In order to be endorsed, i need to be recognized by someone who does publish in the field.  However, I doubt many would actually take me and my proof seriously considering the conjecture that I indeed did prove.   Especially due to the lack of math publishing and non math major degree status.   I have my bachelors in science, with minors in both math and biology.  But that in itself wouldn't be enough to be noticed.

I have emailed both my old undergraduate faculty and Dr. Lagarias, as he has written a lot about the history of the conjecture and I believe he would be the most knowledgeable and interested in my work. 

uhh, sorry for the delay.  My office got invaded by a wood wasp. I promptly got up and closed the door and , not so promptly, got a vacuum, sucked him up, and transported him to the outdoors.

@Bignose, @ajb - these guys could help you. Bignose is a resident math expert here at sfn and ajb was/is a one but moved to another country and stopped posting a while back. I’m sure sooner or later someone competent will come to this thread and look at your work.

We got mosquitos here right now, I can’t fall asleep while I’m hearing their annoying buzzing sound, I’m currently running around the bedroom trying to get rid of them (00:40 Sunday)