Why dont we imprison people who dont respect different races and cultures

anaccountnow

Teaching and protesting  is not effective. There are still people who dont respect different races and cultures. Why don't we imprison them? It is one of the biggest issues today and everybody talks about less important things. Sorry for my English.

Edited by anaccountnow
not specific enough

8 minutes ago, anaccountnow said:

Teaching and protesting  is not effective. There are still people who dont respect different races and cultures. Why don't we imprison them?

Because that's why people don't respect those that do...

8 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Because that's why people don't respect those that do...

They will if they don't want to be imprisoned.

7 minutes ago, iNow said:

If your objective is to increase respect, prison seems an unlikely way to achieve that.

My objective is to achieve justice. Racism has harmed people a lot and will if we don't do...

3 minutes ago, anaccountnow said:

Tell that to Nelson Mandela...

4 minutes ago, anaccountnow said:

My objective is to achieve justice.

What's your version of justice? 

27 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Stop talking and start listening. :rolleyes: I'm not Martian.

OK. I'm listening. You're right. Its totally the same when a person is imprisoned because he is discriminated because of his origin. That's not different. LMAO.

OMG. Mandela didn't respect them because they were racists. It wasn't due to their origin. If the people were white and not racists and he still didn't respect that would be different and he should stay in prison. It's very easy. Genius.

And it will not be important when the person is imprisoned. That's why we should imprison them. Its not important if they don't respect those wh....

Edited by anaccountnow
the user hasnt understo...

6 minutes ago, anaccountnow said:

OK. I'm listening. You're right. Its totally the same when a person is imprisoned because he is discriminated because of his origin. That's not different. LMAO

Let me guess, the muzzies are???

16 minutes ago, anaccountnow said:

OMG. Mandela didn't respect them because they were racists. It wasn't due to their origin. If the people were white and not racists and he still didn't respect that would be different and he should stay in prison.It's very easy. 

Indeed it is. He forgave them... Genius... :doh:

For justice to be justifiable we need to acknowledge where freewill starts and ends.

Edited by dimreepr

1 hour ago, anaccountnow said:

There are still people who dont respect different races and cultures.

They believe in their own race superiority, culture superiority and sexuality superiority over the rest..

They have been brainwashed at early stage of their life. By intolerant indolent stupid parents, irresponsible teachers, populist politicians, evil priests.

1 hour ago, anaccountnow said:

Why don't we imprison them?

It would cause reverse effect. They would hate more instead of less.

How long would you like to imprison them anyway? Till they stop thinking the way they think? That's not their fault that they grew up in intolerant community, and their brains were brainwashed, by e.g. anti-LGBT propaganda.. or anti-immigrant propaganda.. etc. etc.

It's hard (sometimes impossible) to fix somebody after brainwashing. Certainly it is long time going process.

North Korea and other totalitarian countries have re-education camps.. Do you want to implement them in western countries?!

In prison people find other criminals, make friendship with them, and instead of having less criminals, after they are out of prison, community has more criminals..

Learning tolerance to other people should starts at school, primary school. Especially if class is not uniform. Kids learn that black, white, yellow, gay and lesbian are also good humans and good friends..

...increase of tension between minorities, between members of different races, between native and immigrants, between hetero and homosexual people is toy, is tool, of evil populistic politicians who want to divide-and-conquer minds and perhaps lands of community in which they operate. Weak minds are easily fooled.

Edited by Sensei

16 minutes ago, Sensei said:

They believe in their own race superiority, culture superiority and sexuality superiority over the rest..

They have been brainwashed at early stage of their life. By intolerant indolent stupid parents, irresponsible teachers, populist politicians, evil priests.

It would cause reverse effect. They would hate more instead of less.

How long would you like to imprison them anyway? Till they stop thinking the way they think? That's not their fault that they grow up in intolerant community, and their brains were brainwashed, by e.g. anti-LGBT propaganda.. or anti-immigrant propaganda.. etc. etc.

It's hard (sometimes impossible) to fix somebody after brainwashing. Certainly it is long time going process.

North Korea and other totalitarian countries have re-education camps.. Do you want to implement them in western countries?!

It doesn't really matter. News is just news, good or bad is a matter of perspective... Time will tell.

9 hours ago, anaccountnow said:

Teaching and protesting  is not effective. 

I disagree. Can you show where there has been ZERO progress on racist behavior through education and protest? I think you're using a definition of "effective" that will always be hard to attain. I think progress is slow, slower than I'd like, but NOT non-existent. 

9 hours ago, anaccountnow said:

Why don't we imprison them? 

We already do in many countries when racism becomes active discrimination. Laws prohibit using ethnicity to unfairly make distinctions in business and government. 

I'd be very careful about allowing laws that enforce "respect". The law needs to be very clear, and current laws focus on acts of discrimination rather than attitude. 

I suppose it's similar to what some propose for drug laws. We already have laws against reckless driving, assault, and other crimes those on drugs often commit. Why do we also need laws against possessing the drugs themselves? What about people who take drugs but don't commit other crimes?

Similarly, why aim laws at racists who don't actively discriminate? Are you saying that "feeling" racist is the same as "acting" racist? Who gets to decide how people feel about other ethnicities, and how do they do it, what criteria do they use? 

It's my answer for most of society's woes, but I think education is a better way to address this problem. Putting people in prison should be MUCH more thoughtful, and never part of a knee-jerk reaction.

6 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Do we?

It seems we mostly imprison people through fear of potential actions rather than actual ones. 

Actually, we imprison people for being poor, whereas the wealthy can engage in the same exact behavior and only pay a fine / have the item completely expunged from their record... but it's too far off topic to be discussed further here.

Racism... Is jail the solution? No. Next topic...

2 hours ago, anaccountnow said:
  1. Teaching and protesting  is not effective. There are still people who dont respect different races and cultures.
  2. Why don't we imprison them?
  3. It is one of the biggest issues today and everybody talks about less important things.
  4. Sorry for my English.
  1. Why don't we try listening instead? It's called Democracy, I don't agree with them but I feel it's important that they can if they want to.
  2. At what point does someone become racist enough to go to prison? What about Trump supporters, there not all racists but some of them come close, where's the line. I'm pretty sure at some point we'd all come close. American prison gangs and their impact would be a good example why prison would be a bad idea. Although that's American prisons. Norway prisons have some of the safest and lowest re-offending rates in the world (20%) by focusing on rehabilitation and restorative justice which is basically education (to me).
  3. Any examples of less important things?
  4. Your English is fine.

4 hours ago, anaccountnow said:

Teaching and protesting  is not effective. There are still people who dont respect different races and cultures. Why don't we imprison them? It is one of the biggest issues today and everybody talks about less important things. Sorry for my English.

Perhaps we need to imprison people like you. Anyone who advocates prison for what people think should not be walking free.

6 hours ago, anaccountnow said:

If you threw everyone in jail that did not respect different races and cultures...wouldn't you have to lock yourself up as well?

Or do you respect cultures of racism and bigotry?

7 hours ago, anaccountnow said:

My objective is to achieve justice. Racism has harmed people a lot and will if we don't do...

Re-education camps don’t have a warm, cuddly history with regard to justice and human rights.