if you have the triple x syndrome what does the extra x chromosome carry?

Yan Shyla

So if a girl has the triple x syndrome, Does the extra chromosome actually carry any important DNA? Why can't we just surgically remove it? I know that it won't be possible to remove ALL of the extra x chromosomes but lets say that would be possible.  

14 minutes ago, Yan Shyla said:

So if a girl has the triple x syndrome, Does the extra chromosome actually carry any important DNA? Why can't we just surgically remove it? I know that it won't be possible to remove ALL of the extra x chromosomes but lets say that would be possible.  

The third X chromosome carries all of the DNA any X chromosome carries, this isn't much of a problem as X-inactivation leads to inactivation of most genes on the X chromosome (although not all of them potentially leading to some minor deviations from a person with only 2 X chromosomes). Surgically remove it? like when someone is just a fertilized egg cell? I suppose it's way too difficult to find an entangled X chromosome and remove it without destroying anything or changing some important nuclear topology. If it would be possible, then... most likely you just get a person with 2 X chromosomes. 

I feel like either I have misunderstood your question or you may have been able to come up with these answers yourself, didn't you say you have a PhD in genetics? 
What do you imagine the third X to carry or what extra function would it have?

-Dagl