A question about lizard limb regeneration.

fredreload

On 6/29/2019 at 6:53 AM, fredreload said:

Alright, even if it isn't stored, there might be a way to program it into the embryo. The formation of the neuronal structure in the embryo is not random, it is a combination of epigenetics from the father's and mother's side. Though it is true that we are born without any memory, beats me =/.

Still research being done, but generally I would say epigenetics is for medium term information transfer. The ever changing local environment which the parents have found themselves a part of(safe foods, hazardous toxins). You want offspring fresh to the world, to be somewhat, but not overly specialized.

Generally you have your basic instincts be encoded and use the brain to learn everything else. Might be useful to start off with memories, but many would also no longer be relevant.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2019 at 12:26 PM, Endy0816 said:

Still research being done, but generally I would say epigenetics is for medium term information transfer. The ever changing local environment which the parents have found themselves a part of(safe foods, hazardous toxins). You want offspring fresh to the world, to be somewhat, but not overly specialized.

Generally you have your basic instincts be encoded and use the brain to learn everything else. Might be useful to start off with memories, but many would also no longer be relevant.

If you can start off with a programmed memory, you can start off with a programmed consciousness. Either that or you flip is manually afterward with an optogenetic tweezer. The problem again, it to start off with no consciousness by blocking the neuronal pathway or flipping it away.

Edited by fredreload