Cold welding, could a person fuse with metal?

fredreload

For those who does not know what cold welding is, Google it or look it up before you post here. The idea is if you put two metal pieces together inside a vacuum chamber without the oxidative layer, a bond would form between the two metals and fuse them together(I am not sure which type of bond). So the story goes, if I put my hand into a vacuum chamber and touch the metal, would they fuse? Keep in mind that our human body is made of carbon and water.

36 minutes ago, fredreload said:

For those who does not know what cold welding is, Google it or look it up before you post here. The idea is if you put two metal pieces together inside a vacuum chamber without the oxidative layer, a bond would form between the two metals and fuse them together(I am not sure which type of bond). So the story goes, if I put my hand into a vacuum chamber and touch the metal, would they fuse? Keep in mind that our human body is made of carbon and water.

Of course not.

Is you hand made of metal?

This quote by Richard Feynman explains it straight forward:

”The reason for this unexpected behavior is that when the atoms in contact are all of the same kind, there is no way for the atoms to “know” that they are in different pieces of copper. When there are other atoms, in the oxides and greases and more complicated thin surface layers of contaminants in between, the atoms “know” when they are not on the same part.

— Richard FeynmanThe Feynman Lectures, 12–2 Friction”