Racism and survival of the fittest: Any scientific connection?

10 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

I did read a post on the scientific reason behind that that says more or less the same thing, psychologically we are drawn to those like us and against those who are different. 

Hold on there! Being drawn to those like us does NOT imply we're hardwired for aggression against those who are different. That's where the fear-ignorance-hate cycle overrides our natural inclination to cooperate with other humans. 

11 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

I did more research after seeing your question and here's what I came up with. 

Google definition:

inferiority complex

Thinking that looking up a definition in Google constitutes "research" sums up your approach and its shortcoming quite nicely. 

The issue is to mix. As opposed to allowing one man to have all of his creed as females belonging to him and separating the colonies based on designated appearance. All these problems arise when you have more than one man and mix several different types of ants, like the Xenomorph Versus the Red Hive in comics, it doesn't work out and two Queens are always at each others throats. Then on top of that you have segregation of genders in this society, instead of a bunch of Blue Lagoons you have a Navy that separates the genders into a miserable fighting force that fights harder because of their forced same-gender melancholy. God gave us genitals, and then you have Heavens Gate and the relocation of all members of the Black Panther that aren't the Emperor nor his son the Prince being mixed with whites who have their own cuck weirdness as a psychostimulant for violence stemming from Great Britain. It's all quite fucked you see, why not separate the ethnicity and to each man their own ethnic female. Black kids to black man, white kids to white man??? Problem solved, no more violence. You see with nanotech we can do these things, we can make it so that all the individuals can inhabit one vessel while have their females as a proxy. At least that's my paradise lost.

6 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

Apartheid is a good example, so yes.

So you agree that what you consider to be racism is a modern construct and therefore not the shaping force of human evolution? To re-iterate, it is a social construct and incidentally the Hutu-Tutsi distinction is an interesting example o fit. 

10 hours ago, Curious layman said:

not everybody who's a racist will stay a racist and vice versa. People become racists for all sorts of different reasons, it's not something that's biologically wired, more to do with outside influences like upbringing, education, circumstances (prison), propaganda and anger,  etc I think. .

I think racism is definitely biological in nature. Why someone would claim otherwise in beyond me?

Racism is part of the human condition.

Racism can explained by the scary, competitive and sometimes brutal world that we live in and whether we like it or not there's not much we can do to change that reality.

This world can be brutal and scary enough for many people even without the existence of racism.

Edited by seriously disabled

1 minute ago, seriously disabled said:

I think racism is definitely biological in nature. Why someone would claim otherwise in beyond me?

Racism is part of the human condition.

Racism can explained by the scary, competitive and brutal world that we live in and whether we like it or not there's not much we can do to change that reality.

This world can be brutal and scary enough for many people even without the existence of racism.

I don't think it is part of the human condition, society has gotten more accepting as we've advanced, look at Mandela, started as a terrorist targeting whites then become a global icon for peace.

I think all of you are missing the real root of the problem here.

It's as if we were born into a world that likes to toy with us for fun, trying to fit cubes into spherical spaces it doesn't work and nature knew that to begin with.

Or trying to fit circles into squares. Sphere<Cube, Circle>Square. That's in regards to volume, area - RESPECTIVELY. Sequentially.

Edited by PervPhysProf

13 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

I don't think it is part of the human condition, society has gotten more accepting as we've advanced, look at Mandela, started as a terrorist targeting whites then become a global icon for peace.

Yes all true but still we can't deny that the world we live in can sometimes be brutal. Modern Capitalism wouldn't exist if we were all not greedy.

In science fiction they have all sorts of advanced technologies that can change everyone's appearance at will but the world we live in is not like science fiction.

Edited by seriously disabled

54 minutes ago, seriously disabled said:

I think racism is definitely biological in nature.

You'd get less pushback on your argument if you instead said our ability to recognize attributes and classify them into discriminate groups is innate. 

That is obviously true, and we do it all of the time... this is food or not food... this is ouch or not ouch... this is warm or this is cool... even this is lighter or this is darker in color. Likewise, you could equally argue that tribalism is somewhat innate and discuss how we tend naturally to classify individuals into categories like us and them. All of those positions are supportable because they're accurate.

However, racism is not innate and you go too far suggesting it is. This is why people claim otherwise. Those claims should not be beyond you.

We aren't born hating others based on arbitrary social categories like race, especially since race as a category is not even rooted in biology. That's taught. It's learned. We can avoid teaching it. We can help people unlearn it, but only if we identify it accurately and talk about it for what it truly is.

nobodys-born-racist-society-teaches-it-2

23 minutes ago, iNow said:

You'd get less pushback on your argument if you instead said our ability to recognize attributes and classify them into discriminate groups is innate. 

That is obviously true, and we do it all of the time... this is food or not food... this is ouch or not ouch... this is warm or this is cool... even this is lighter or this is darker in color. Likewise, you could equally argue that tribalism is somewhat innate and discuss how we tend naturally to classify individuals into categories like us and them. All of those positions are supportable because they're accurate.

However, racism is not innate and you go too far suggesting it is. This is why people claim otherwise. Those claims should not be beyond you.

We aren't born hating others based on arbitrary social categories like race, especially since race as a category is not even rooted in biology. That's taught. It's learned. We can avoid teaching it. We can help people unlearn it, but only if we identify it accurately and talk about it for what it truly is.

nobodys-born-racist-society-teaches-it-2

You write one thing and then post the opposite.

Why mix? Mixing is what causes the hate.

On both sides.

There can only be one.

To mix is to imply either art is imperfect being its own color.

Edited by PervPhysProf

9 minutes ago, PervPhysProf said:

You write one thing and then post the opposite.

Please elaborate. I’m not following the nature of your criticism. If my point was in any way unclear or seemingly contradictory to you, please specify exactly where so I may clarify it for you. 

5 minutes ago, iNow said:

Please elaborate. I’m not following the nature of your criticism. If my point was in any way unclear or seemingly contradictory to you, please specify exactly where so I may clarify it for you. 

Well you snipped my explanation. Any questions on my aforementioned sentiments?

3 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

Sorry but that's the biggest load of crap I've heard in a long time.

Personal preference is all that matters, you simply omit where mine is based or the part of the reply in which it's explained. And want to change it.

In essence the problem is why do we care so much about a person's individual preferences??

This can be mistaken as leaving it to popular opinion but my sentiments are quite the opposite of popular opinion, I think we need to make it a more individualized world using the technology. Ah, but that's problem, ya'll don't know the science like I do. Or the existential nature of how the spacetime really operates and what we're really made of. I don't just aptly give that away without getting a taste of that which I prefer to devour.

Just now, Curious layman said:

There can only be one what?

1 "^", ya know, as opposed to a "v"

Also, there's a need to get hooked on a thing before-hand. Then it's just on repeat, automatic, effortless.

The way it should have been to begin with, the way each "preferee" prefers it, so to speak.

You're taking my individual preference and inferring that's the way I think it should be, or that's the way it aughta be in my world. Well duh. So what's wrong with splitting worlds? Why hasn't that already happened?

Why are there deformed people? Why are there starving people? Why is there war? It's troll tactic.

Just now, PervPhysProf said:

1 "^", ya know, as opposed to a "v"

Also, there's a need to get hooked on a thing before-hand. Then it's just on repeat, automatic, effortless.

Don't understand, besides original op was whether there is a connection between racism and survival of the fittest, this is more like whether different races should mix.