Why IQ tests are a farce

IQ tests are based on fallacius foundations. They take into assumption that human intelligence is based on memory and judgement rather than split second reactions to stimuli.

For example, who is a genius, a guy who can solve mensa puzzle or muhammed ali (whos IQ was estimated to be 70)?

I'd say Ali was the genius and here's why.

Antique man, our stone age forebears, evolved to a world full of stimuli. There was no need to think much back then, merely respond to stimuli. The smart guy was the one who could climb up a tree the fastest just as the bear flashed down upon him like a lightning bolt from a clear sky. 

The genius scientist on the other hand would be calculating trajectories of escape, velocities of bear speed and so on and then it would be too late.

Notice things like math and science require memory rather than stimulus response?

From the point of evolution, human intelligence would rather be more along the lines of survival than memorising.

memory probably evolved later as a seperate entity, to facilitate learning which comes down to connected blueprints of stimuls-response-survival-faliure mechanisms in a package of its own, to help see the way. But at the moment of decision making, its always split second hand eye coordination that defined the intelligent survivor back then. 

Thats right folks, you and I, would be in that category of bear meat. 

Edited by thethinkertank

Recommendation: Use the search feature to explore existing topics before creating a new thread. This IQ topic has come up only about 793 times on this site already, and you don't seem to be adding anything noteworthy to the discussion with your OP.

Just now, iNow said:

Recommendation: Use the search feature to explore existing topics before creating a new thread. This IQ topic has come up only about 793 times on this site already, and you don't seem to be adding anything noteworthy to the discussion with your OP.

As a matter of fact, I mentioned something novel here, about reflexes as the origins of human intelligence vs memory, which nobody esle on the forum has suggested. 

Most reflexes don't even make it to the brain, but instead sensory stimuli are passed directly to synapse in the spinal cord, and then to skeletal muscles.
Is your contention, then, that intelligence is spinal cord/musculature bases ????

( kind of silly isn't it ? )

Just now, MigL said:

Most reflexes don't even make it to the brain, but instead sensory stimuli are passed directly to synapse in the spinal cord, and then to skeletal muscles.
Is your contention, then, that intelligence is spinal cord/musculature bases ????

( kind of silly isn't it ? )

Oh is that so, I didnt know that. (Not a biologist)

Nevertheless, if that's what helped stone age man to survive then thats a defnition of intelligence, which at the basic level is the ability of the human being to further his survival and evolution.

15 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

They take into assumption that human intelligence is based on memory and judgement rather than split second reactions to stimuli.

That's not an assumption, it's a definition.

Why do you think your redefinition of the word is better than the one that's currently in use?
Who are you that we should all suddenly change what the word means?

3 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

Oh is that so, I didnt know that.

This is the problem in nearly every thread you open. You heard some science-words, apply your fantasy, undamped by any knowledge what these words really mean, and for what concepts they really stand, and then think you can apply for patents, or will get famous for how you stimulated progress in science.

Creativity and intuition are very important in theory building in science. But only when you understand what the present theories are and mean. You fail utterly on that. You are on a pure ego-trip.

Just now, Eise said:

This is the problem in nearly every thread you open. You heard some science-words, apply your fantasy, undamped by any knowledge what these words really mean, and for what concepts they really stand, and then think you can apply for patents, or will get famous for how you stimulated progress in science.

Creativity and intuition are very important in theory building in science. But only when you understand what the present theories are and mean. You fail utterly on that. You are on a pure ego-trip.

I will endeavour to research more thoroughly my 'fantasies' before propounding them here from now on. That was an important point you made there and helped me move a step further in the quest for greatness as a future nobel prize winner. ;)

10 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

As a matter of fact, I mentioned something novel here, about reflexes as the origins of human intelligence vs memory, which nobody esle on the forum has suggested.

Implicit in this response is the suggestion that you've read through every single other thread that has arisen here through the years on the topic of IQ.

Given that you haven't, not only are you a troll, but you're a liar... and I know who you are... have you seen you enough times under other usernames. 

10 hours ago, thethinkertank said:

Oh is that so, I didnt know that. (Not a biologist)

!

Moderator Note

So why speculate about something that you know nothing about?

Why not learn about something and then, when you have mastered it, come up with some new ideas. Just posting random nonsense about something you know you are ignorant about is not productive. It is a waste of your time, and a waste of time for everyone on this forum.

59 minutes ago, iNow said:

Given that you haven't, not only are you a troll, but you're a liar... and I know who you are... have you seen you enough times under other usernames

!

Moderator Note

Rather than post accusations like that, please use the Report button to tell the moderation team of your suspicions.

!

Moderator Note

Thread locked.