Diamonds

Curious layman

Hi, will it be possible to make diamonds using super strength magnets? I was thinking about being able to make diamonds like thin sheets of glass instead of really small like they do now. If you could, could you make the diamond so thin it would be flexible? I was also thinking about all the applications of mass produced diamonds and maybe it would be good way to use the carbon from carbon capture programs. What do you think?

Ah yeah "duh", should of made the connection, was reading about that not long ago as well!! 

What about the carbon from the carbon capture though, would this be a good source material for graphene? I was thinking about global warming and I think carbon capture technology would have a bigger impact than renewables.

Edited by Curious layman

9 minutes ago, Curious layman said:

I was thinking about global warming and I think carbon capture technology would have a bigger impact than renewables.

No single weapon alone will slay this proverbial enemy. Best to do both in parallel. 

3 hours ago, Curious layman said:

I was thinking about global warming and I think carbon capture technology would have a bigger impact than renewables.

...it's as easy as planting a tree...

Calculate how much carbon dioxide there will be less in the air if every living person from 7.7 billion will plant one tree.

..or there could be created special automatic drones to do the job:

Edited by Sensei