Unlock brain's potential with sugar.

fredreload

I dunno if it is the artificial sugar or natural sugar that does the trick. But if you don't believe me, just start taking or if you already did stop taking sugar for a week and you will know what I am talking about.

Other food suggestions are welcomed, like lemon? I am not sure if lemon does the trick as mentioned in "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy".

21 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

For all practical purposes, nobody makes artificial sugar.

Well, a sweetener.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccharin

P.S. Sugar, or Saccharin, is also said to cause cancer.

P.S. I was warned by my elementary school teacher that saccharin is added to most product to make things a lot sweeter than it originally is. But it was never mentioned that it could cause cancer. I am not sure if saccharin or sugar makes the boost in brain activity.

P.S. Anyway I stopped taking all sugar content for 3 days because I was trying to lose weight and it is advised by a taxi driver(Taiwan has some pretty crazy taxi drivers). And on day 3 I have a much easier time falling asleep as well as less brain activity. I go from like Rain Man to someone that can't remember what happened for the last ten minutes.

P.S. It is also said that devoid of sugar causes cancer cells to die. If I do develop cancer that would be the first thing I do, stop taking sugar. And I lived without sugar for 3 days so it shouldn't be fatal, other than lowered brain activity.

Edited by fredreload

The body can, and will, make sugar (specifically glucose) even if there is none in the diet.

It is also rather difficult to eat a diet that contains no sugar- starches are converted to sugar in the gut.

41 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Sugar, or Saccharin, is also said to cause cancer.

Just about everything is said to cause cancer.

42 minutes ago, fredreload said:

I was trying to lose weight and it is advised by a taxi driver

Next time, try a doctor.

42 minutes ago, fredreload said:

It is also said that devoid of sugar causes cancer cells to die.

Being devoid of sugar will cause your brain to die- pretty much instantly.

4 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

The body can, and will, make sugar (specifically glucose) even if there is none in the diet.

It is also rather difficult to eat a diet that contains no sugar- starches are converted to sugar in the gut.

Just about everything is said to cause cancer.

Next time, try a doctor.

Being devoid of sugar will cause your brain to die- pretty much instantly.

Well then based on your logic saccharin makes you smarter with a chance of causing cancer, same thing as I am pointing fingers around :D.

2 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Well then based on your logic saccharin makes you smarter with a chance of causing cancer, same thing as I am pointing fingers around :D.

What mechanism would saccharin use to make you smarter? It might trick the taste buds, but the brain is actually going to want some glucose if it's going to be doing any heavy lifting.

5 hours ago, Phi for All said:

What mechanism would saccharin use to make you smarter? It might trick the taste buds, but the brain is actually going to want some glucose if it's going to be doing any heavy lifting.

Well, as you know I've been on a diet which is devoid of all sugar content. I am still eating regularly like rice, at one point I ate a giant pizza which is devoid of sugar content, mostly except a small a mount of pineapple, but my brain is still on low activity. If you do assume that the entire pizza is converted to glucose then the brain should function the same, which it was not. Fructose could be a factor.

Edited by fredreload

8 minutes ago, fredreload said:

Well, as you know I've been on a diet which is devoid of all sugar content.

Not devoid. Devoid means COMPLETELY lacking. All your complex carbs from grains will convert to sugar. Pineapple isn't nothing.

12 minutes ago, fredreload said:

but my brain is still on low activity.

How have you determined this exactly? You mention that your brain function isn't the same, but you don't mention what you're basing this on. 

52 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Not devoid. Devoid means COMPLETELY lacking. All your complex carbs from grains will convert to sugar. Pineapple isn't nothing.

How have you determined this exactly? You mention that your brain function isn't the same, but you don't mention what you're basing this on. 

Alright, I'll give an example of the most common sweet I take, chocolate milk and coke and sweet mango drink for every meal daily. If you make a union between the three they both contain glucose, fructose, and maybe a small amount of saccharin. So alright it doesn't mean no sugar, it just means very low amount of it produced by cells, my bad.

Cognition? This is based on myself really, but if I want to be accurate I'd have someone conduct a test on me :D .

Edited by fredreload

11 hours ago, fredreload said:

Cognition? This is based on myself really, but if I want to be accurate I'd have someone conduct a test on me :D .

IF you want to be accurate?! Hellooooo, science discussion forum! Using your personal feelings to determine levels of cognition is horribly subjective, especially when you go on to make claims based on them.

The first thing you should do is run a search for papers on the subject. Experiments on the effects of sugar on the brain should be plentiful, and may help you advance your idea more than guessing about your feelings.