How would I know if I had been brainwashed

RealEmotion

7 minutes ago, RealEmotion said:

The North Koreans, China Churches, Governments regularly brainwash children into adulthood.

Is there a way an individual could check to discover/check if he had?  

Could AI solve the conundrum?

No more than China's churches...

2 hours ago, RealEmotion said:

The North Koreans, China Churches, Governments regularly brainwash children into adulthood.

Is there a way an individual could check to discover/check if he had?  

GOOGLE the techniques employed to brainwash people.

IF those techniques were ever used on you

THEN you were brainwashed

ELSE you were not

Edited by zapatos

3 hours ago, RealEmotion said:

Could AI solve the conundrum? 

A few years ago leading software company created advanced chatbot AI and let people talk with it to learn it new things. People started using rude words, not political correct language, gangsta-like phrases, etc. Experiment has been cancelled shortly, just after couple days, because AI started behaving like mixture of US gang member, plus nazis, fascist, etc etc.. Brainwashed AI, already existed..

Edited by Sensei

35 minutes ago, zapatos said:

GOOGLE the techniques employed to brainwash people.

IF those techniques were ever used on you

THEN you were brainwashed

ELSE you were not

UNLESS you don't remember because...  the techniques worked.

15 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brian

1 hour ago, Strange said:

Do they though? 

Do you have any evidence that this is done? 

Discussion about it would require translating different countries historical books used in schools on history lessons and careful comparison of their versions of the same historical event.. Just for a start.. Even the same event in the same country, written ten, twenty years ago, is showed in different light, or even ignored, depending on who wrote that book, and his or her, political beliefs of author of the book.

How do you find objective truth about some historical event, if historical books are almost the only source of information about the event? If somebody on purpose destroyed the all events, burned the all books, which claimed something contradictory to his/her version, and remained only his/her "modified", "adjusted", mendacious version.. there is lost of data, which is impossible to regain by more modern people..

e.g. there used to be pharaoh Akhenaten. Very revolutionary at his times. He tried to destroy/modernize Egyptian religions and replace it by cult of the single God. He failed. After his death, priests of old Egyptian gods tried to remove him from history. They almost managed to do it. Almost.

It's example of modification of the past history to match new politician leaders version.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Damnatio_memoriae

Edited by Sensei

4 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Discussion about it would require translating different countries historical books used in schools on history lessons and careful comparison of their versions of the same historical event.. Just for a start.. 

Well, it might a start. But neither education nor different perspectives on history count as brainwashing, in my opinion. (I think every country I have lived in has claimed to have invented manned flight or television.) But this really comes back to iNow's question: what does the OP mean by "brainwashing"? 

28 minutes ago, Strange said:

Well, it might a start. But neither education nor different perspectives on history count as brainwashing, in my opinion. (I think every country I have lived in has claimed to have invented manned flight or television.) But this really comes back to iNow's question: what does the OP mean by "brainwashing"?  

If kids in North Korea learn that their leader is the greatest, the most powerful one, the wisest, the strongest, the richest on the world etc. etc. and the rest of world is suffering illness and hunger bigger than North Koreans, are not they brainwashed.. ?

Then the fugitive is finding that everything what he or she learned entire life was one big lie.. and curtain of blackout disappears from his/her eyes...

Edited by Sensei

2 hours ago, John Cuthber said:

I always thought people were aware of the ice baths and endless meetings where the Great Leader would explain in detail why it was in their best interest if they all had sex with him and gave them all of their money. I just assumed they were too dumb to realize they were being manipulated.

22 hours ago, Sensei said:

If kids in North Korea learn that their leader is the greatest, the most powerful one, the wisest, the strongest, the richest on the world etc. etc. and the rest of world is suffering illness and hunger bigger than North Koreans, are not they brainwashed.. ?

Then the fugitive is finding that everything what he or she learned entire life was one big lie.. and curtain of blackout disappears from his/her eyes...

Is brainwashing the same as propaganda?
To me it implies more than simply not telling people the truth.

9 minutes ago, John Cuthber said:

Is brainwashing the same as propaganda?
To me it implies more than simply not telling people the truth.

To me, brainwashing is coercive, usually done to individuals isolated from their normal patterns. You're somehow being forced to change your beliefs or behavior.

Propaganda is usually asking many people to accept more beliefs along with what they already believe, often by making invalid comparisons. It uses conformity as pressure rather than coercion.

23 hours ago, Strange said:

I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brainwashed. I am not brian

Brexit Seventeen Alpha Boris Johnson!

Consider yourself active Strange.