Does the aircraft has a LIDAR?

fredreload

Does the aircraft has a laser scanning obstacle detection system? I mean I know the aircraft has a way of checking the turbulence, but I am not sure how it does it. If there is a video about this please show it to me, thanks.

1 hour ago, fredreload said:

Does the aircraft has a laser scanning obstacle detection system?

Lector in the video mentioned it at 0m 35s. At 1m 0s there is even visualization of what computer sees...

1 hour ago, fredreload said:

I mean I know the aircraft has a way of checking the turbulence,

...what turbulence?

They should update algorithm to gather data about how room is looking like, and remembering it for future use (and update while flying to detect changes i.e. moving objects).

Additionally such devices can have on-board IR camera to detect living objects i.e. people, and avoid any conflicts with them.

55 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Lector in the video mentioned it at 0m 35s. At 1m 0s there is even visualization of what computer sees...

...what turbulence?

They should update algorithm to gather data about how room is looking like, and remembering it for future use (and update while flying to detect changes i.e. moving objects).

Additionally such devices can have on-board IR camera to detect living objects i.e. people, and avoid any conflicts with them.

If you've ever been on a commercial airplane, the buckle sign lights up before the airplane goes through heavy wind that would drift the airplane ups and downs. And so the aircraft must have a way of predicting the wind current. I want a way to travel faster on a commercial flight, but you know you need all things in check including airplane integrity. You could have a magnetic field to filter out the air turbulence, but then you'll have to work on traveling counter to the earth's magnetic field instead of air.

2 minutes ago, fredreload said:

If you've ever been on a commercial airplane, the buckle sign lights up before the airplane goes through heavy wind that would drift the airplane ups and downs. And so the aircraft must have a way of predicting the wind current. I want a way to travel faster on a commercial flight, but you know you need all things in check including airplane integrity.

I know what is turbulence.. I am asking what turbulence you are talking about in closed room where is flying small model of airplane....

2 minutes ago, fredreload said:

You could have a magnetic field to filter out the air turbulence, but then you'll have to work on traveling counter to the earth's magnetic field instead of air. 

...what... ?

Edited by Sensei

On 6/9/2019 at 8:17 PM, Sensei said:

I know what is turbulence.. I am asking what turbulence you are talking about in closed room where is flying small model of airplane....

...what... ?

Ya, I'm using this as an example to refer to the real world model, airplanes.

On 6/9/2019 at 1:13 PM, fredreload said:

If you've ever been on a commercial airplane, the buckle sign lights up before the airplane goes through heavy wind that would drift the airplane ups and downs. And so the aircraft must have a way of predicting the wind current. I want a way to travel faster on a commercial flight, but you know you need all things in check including airplane integrity. You could have a magnetic field to filter out the air turbulence, but then you'll have to work on traveling counter to the earth's magnetic field instead of air.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the magnetic field. But, the pilots turn on and off the seatbelt light for turbulence based on a few things, including, other pilot reports, forecast wind conditions (i.e turbulence whilst entering or leaving a jet), forecast cat and convection and their nose weather radar. 

16 minutes ago, Klaynos said:

I'm not sure what you're talking about with the magnetic field. But, the pilots turn on and off the seatbelt light for turbulence based on a few things, including, other pilot reports, forecast wind conditions (i.e turbulence whilst entering or leaving a jet), forecast cat and convection and their nose weather radar. 

Hmm, a radar, but that only works on radio wave or microwave spectrum. I was thinking something more detailed like the Google self driving car, but a Lidar system cannot tell the weather, can it?

On 6/9/2019 at 8:13 PM, fredreload said:

A commercial aircraft would have a Doppler weather radar, but weather radar doesn't locate turbulence. It is used to locate areas of precipitation and identify what kind of precipitation we're talking about. Whether it's hail or rain, or snow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARINC_708

Turbulence is identified either by ground reports or weather forecast that a pilot gets before the flight and also by the crew own observations so when it suddenly gets shaky they will turn on seatbelt sign. 

On 6/15/2019 at 2:05 PM, pavelcherepan said:

A commercial aircraft would have a Doppler weather radar, but weather radar doesn't locate turbulence. It is used to locate areas of precipitation and identify what kind of precipitation we're talking about. Whether it's hail or rain, or snow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ARINC_708

Turbulence is identified either by ground reports or weather forecast that a pilot gets before the flight and also by the crew own observations so when it suddenly gets shaky they will turn on seatbelt sign. 

Thanks for the answer, sir.