Bend space doesn’t exist

Felixvillegas

4 minutes ago, Felixvillegas said:

Bend space doesn’t exist, if it does “like a tunnel”  why objects passing thru it don’t follow the same curvature of the tunnel but instead curvature of the law of gravity

Hello! Where in the theory of relativity (SR or GR) is it stated that it does “like a tunnel”? A reference might be good, to be able to address your question. 

The same thought appeared to me as well.

It seems to me as Energy impacted by Mass rather than mass impanct spacetime itself.

I think the path of any observed physical entity (length of the distance covered) is impacted by mass.

Because of mass, the path of anything is longer and its velocity slower than it would be without the impact of the mass of the Universe. 

The expansion of Space and Time has an absolutely straight line.

Anything in it has a path of a para(hyper)bol.

Providing fundamentally Energy and a place to BE.

Itsel CAN NOT BE IMPACETED!

Edited by FreeWill

54 minutes ago, Felixvillegas said:

Bend space doesn’t exist, if it does “like a tunnel”  why objects passing thru it don’t follow the same curvature of the tunnel but instead curvature of the law of gravity

It is more more accurate to say that spacetime curves (in the presence of mass). Objects do follow the curvature of spacetime. We feel the effect of that and call it "gravity".

Spacetime could only form a "tunnel" in very extreme circumstance, such as near the centre of a black hole. So it is not a useful image in general.

54 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

Hello! Where in the theory of relativity (SR or GR) is it stated that it does “like a tunnel”? A reference might be good, to be able to address your question. 

Can’t find article I was looking 2 y ago where it was explained that way

4 minutes ago, Strange said:

It is more more accurate to say that spacetime curves (in the presence of mass). Objects do follow the curvature of spacetime. We feel the effect of that and call it "gravity".

Spacetime could only form a "tunnel" in very extreme circumstance, such as near the centre of a black hole. So it is not a useful image in general.