As we are seen by creatures from other dimensions

How does it look like they see our universe as it is (means as we see it) or do they perceive it differently?For such a creature, can our types of dimensions, i.e. height, width, depth, look different?

4 hours ago, cikleez said:

How does it look like they see our universe as it is (means as we see it) or do they perceive it differently?For such a creature, can our types of dimensions, i.e. height, width, depth, look different?

If you mean hypothetical characters living in a universe with 4 spatial dimensions, for example, then I would say they would see us as we are. But we would look, in some sense, "flat" to them.

I say this because we (3D beings) can see 2D things (e.g. drawings) exactly as they are. But if there were hypothetical 2D creatures, then they could only see a 2D projection of us. In the same way that we cannot see (or imagine) a 4D object; we can only create a 3D representation of it. Often drawn only in 2D, so we have to imagine what the 3D representation looks like.

I hope that is clear.

BTW, it would appear to be impossible: 

480px-Spacetime_dimensionality.svg.png

4 hours ago, Strange said:

If you mean hypothetical characters living in a universe with 4 spatial dimensions, for example, then I would say they would see us as we are. But we would look, in some sense, "flat" to them.

I say this because we (3D beings) can see 2D things (e.g. drawings) exactly as they are. But if there were hypothetical 2D creatures, then they could only see a 2D projection of us. In the same way that we cannot see (or imagine) a 4D object; we can only create a 3D representation of it. Often drawn only in 2D, so we have to imagine what the 3D representation looks like

That sounds very much like part of a 'multi dimensional disproof of god' I first heard of around 40 years ago.

Basically if you 'pick up' a 'house' from the 2D world and place it in a different location the 2D people would only see it disappear from one location and then reappear at another location in their 2D world because they don't have access to the 3rd dimension.  If I recall the argument correctly 'god' is supposed to be 'everywhere at once' so it could be regarded as existing in a higher dimension.

The crunch comes when the listener is asked if they have talked to any 2D people lately or even know if they exist. This implies that any higher dimensional 'being' could not be aware of 'people' in lower dimensions, let alone communicate with them or even know if they actually exist.

• 1 month later...
On 6/7/2019 at 8:57 AM, cikleez said:

I guess they can see us well enough to abduct some people.  At least that's what I've heard. Make a good camp fire story.