Nimitz UFO sighting.

Moontanman

8 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Quite a coincidence as I was "coerced" into watching this with a mate on Sunday on Netflix.

I would agree that it is probably among the 5% of sightings that can really be classed as UFO's. On trying to approach the incident with my friend who was entirely captivated, I used my usual argument re Alien origin UFOs, and the query as to why they just keep flittering in and flittering out again without making their contact official. That along with the fact that such any life form with the technology to travel light years at unbelievable speeds that our own technology has not mastered, would not really have much to be afraid of, from us, nor would really be in need of any particular thing, like water for example, as the universe/galaxy is full of exactly what we have here on Earth.

My own first thoughts on this particular sighting/s, was some unusual, perhaps unknown atmospheric phenomena. There are many such examples with clouds and lightning etc and they certainly can be realisitic looking to fool  fighter pilots etc. But anyway I decided to search again and found this "atmospheric event"......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_studies_of_UFOs#Fata_Morgana

220px-Fata_Morgana_Example.jpg

Fata Morgana is a type of mirage

A Fata Morgana of a boat below the horizon produces the illusion of a solid form floating in the sky.

The UFOs seen on radar can also be due to Fata Morgana, since water vapor in the air can create radar mirages more readily than temperature inversions can create optical mirages. According to GEPAN/SEPRA, the official UFO investigation in France,

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In this case it certainly at this time remains Unidentified. 

51 minutes ago, beecee said:

Quite a coincidence as I was "coerced" into watching this with a mate on Sunday on Netflix.

I would agree that it is probably among the 5% of sightings that can really be classed as UFO's. On trying to approach the incident with my friend who was entirely captivated, I used my usual argument re Alien origin UFOs, and the query as to why they just keep flittering in and flittering out again without making their contact official. That along with the fact that such any life form with the technology to travel light years at unbelievable speeds that our own technology has not mastered, would not really have much to be afraid of, from us, nor would really be in need of any particular thing, like water for example, as the universe/galaxy is full of exactly what we have here on Earth.

My own first thoughts on this particular sighting/s, was some unusual, perhaps unknown atmospheric phenomena. There are many such examples with clouds and lightning etc and they certainly can be realisitic looking to fool  fighter pilots etc. But anyway I decided to search again and found this "atmospheric event"......https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Identification_studies_of_UFOs#Fata_Morgana

220px-Fata_Morgana_Example.jpg

Fata Morgana is a type of mirage

A Fata Morgana of a boat below the horizon produces the illusion of a solid form floating in the sky.

The UFOs seen on radar can also be due to Fata Morgana, since water vapor in the air can create radar mirages more readily than temperature inversions can create optical mirages. According to GEPAN/SEPRA, the official UFO investigation in France,

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

In this case it certainly at this time remains Unidentified. 

Ny own take on this is probably radar returns used to train pilots but some really odd this like multiple  objects picked up on sohad and radar, visual sightings pretty much doing high speed flybuys and the general defiance of the laws of physics have me wondering a bit... 

19 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

What are you trying to prove??? we're not alone is, almost, a given...

I did warn you...

You  could at least limit your snarky remarks to the subject material at hand. watching the video or asking why I posted wouldn't be a bad idea either. This post has nothing to do with the possibility of life on other planets, only if that life can be shown to be visiting us. A great deal of recent information has come out and this thread is about that. AND BTW you have no power to warn anyone except maybe that you intend to follow me and try to obfuscate every post I make but I can put an end to that... 

Edited by Moontanman

On 6/4/2019 at 4:38 PM, beecee said:

On trying to approach the incident with my friend who was entirely captivated, I used my usual argument re Alien origin UFOs, and the query as to why they just keep flittering in and flittering out again without making their contact official. That along with the fact that such any life form with the technology to travel light years at unbelievable speeds that our own technology has not mastered, would not really have much to be afraid of, from us, nor would really be in need of any particular thing, like water for example, as the universe/galaxy is full of exactly what we have here on Earth.

Perhaps they, like us, are interested but trying to do no harm. I imagine the Sentinelese are curious about these unidentified flying objects that occasionally buzz their island.

Many officials were beginning to question the wisdom of attempting to contact a people who were healthy and content and who had thrived on their own for up to 55,000 years. Friendly contact had had only a devastating impact on the Great Andamanese tribes. Sustained contact with the Sentinelese would almost certainly have tragic consequences.

In the following years only occasional visits were made, again with a mixed response. After the Tsunami in 2004, officials made two visits to check, from a distance, that the tribe seemed healthy and were not suffering in any way. They then declared that no further attempts would be made to contact the Sentinelese.

https://www.survivalinternational.org/tribes/sentinelese

1 hour ago, zapatos said:

Perhaps they, like us, are interested but trying to do no harm. I imagine the Sentinelese are curious about these unidentified flying objects that occasionally buzz their island.

I have to agree, any alien contact might have consequences we cannot even conceive of, on the other hand that does beg the question of why they "seem" to be flitting about our air space and interacting with civilian and military aircraft. We screw with primitive tribes due to things like religion, government control, and , should it be mentioned? Manifest destiny... 

If aliens truly do not want to interfere with us simply avoiding our planet seems a rather easy thing to do. 

I do apologize for all the videos but the clearest and most recent data seems to best viewed in that format. Anyone interested will watch, and I do not post your general run of the mill conspiracy theory videos. I see no reason to run up their views and they seldom do anything but take 3 or 4th hand info and distort it to their ends anyway,.. 

Several of the recent revelations are extremely interesting and very difficult to explain conventionally. As one person, a pilot I think, said "If the Russians have these things then we should surrender now and avoid the rush" or something to that effect... 

On the other hand if avoiding leaving some sort of trace or sighting is as difficult for them as it is for us vs the seltinalise then even out own solar system much must be practically awash with aliens...  
Yes   

3 hours ago, zapatos said:

Interesting to say the least. 

Again while certainly of the opinion that we are not alone for the many reasons entailing unimaginable numbers, extent, and the stuff of life being everywhere we look, as yet we do not have any empirical evidence for life existing off the Earth, let alone visiting us. I see it as analogous to  the fact that 20 years ago[?], we were not aware nor did we have any evidence of planets beyond our solar system. Now of course we have numbers approaching 3000?

We have made a couple of assumptions in the past based on observational evidence that Alien life does exist [the Jocelyn Bell, Pulsars and little green men incident, and then the Wow! signal and Big Ear telescope] and I also remember reading somewhere about a reputable scientist [not sure who, Seth Shostak or Carl Sagan ???] claiming that he believes we will have the convincing evidence of ETL in the next decade or two. I for one wish they would hurry up and find that evidence before I kick the bucket!

With the list of unexplained sightings over the years, my thoughts are one of the many known atmospheric phenomena that may occur, and even perhaps atmospheric phenomena that as yet we are not aware of. Light does have a good record of playing tricks on us and our brains. 

I am still of the opinion that very few people really take UFOs seriously enough to even consider the possibility. beecee your last sentence sums it up

16 hours ago, beecee said:

Light does have a good record of playing tricks on us and our brains.

If all we were talking about about was light playing tricks on us then there would be a about as much need for this conversation as seriously discussing pixies. Few if any UFOs are taken seriously by the people who count that could be explained by atmospheric phenomena yet that is the main cause mentioned by "debunkers" Ridicule is a powerful weapon we should all be careful how we use it... 

In one of the videos it's noted that the military doesn't spend millions of dollars chasing bigfoot or even trying to convince people bigfoot doesn't exist.yeti >:D thousands if not millions of people claim to have seen them. If they were real they could be a very serious threat but no interest by the military even though their job is to protect civilians from such threats. Image an army of interdimensional bigfoot, (feet?)  armed to the teeth with energy weapons... yeah some people make those claims with a straight face...  

One of the things about the "Nimitz" encounter was the completely reasonable explanation of FLIR tech being misinterpreted. Convinced me, I was sure it was one of the explainable sightings. Now we find out the FLIR part was the second round for the UFOs that day and the FLIR data was used to explain away the singing rather dishonestly IMHO. Two pilots had seen them close up in daylight and there were several of the objects orbiting over an object underwater at the location and not only did they show up on radar from an Aegis class destroyer, which had directed the F-18s to investigate the initial radar returns, a nuclear attack sub in the area detected the very large underwater object the UFOs seemed to be interested in as well.  The F-18 pilots saw the underwater object as well, big as a 747 was the term used as I recall. The Destroyer actually asked the F-18s if they were armed when the UFOs began to display what was seen as possible hostile intent. All the F-18s had were dummy training weapons.  

This was in 2004, newer stuff from 2015 to 2017 is also included in these reports and the Navy has officially started investigating what is going on. Which makes sense if you are on or near a hot war zone you want to know what your planes are seeing...  

54 minutes ago, Moontanman said:

I am still of the opinion that very few people really take UFOs seriously enough to even consider the possibility. beecee your last sentence sums it up

If all we were talking about about was light playing tricks on us then there would be a about as much need for this conversation as seriously discussing pixies. Few if any UFOs are taken seriously by the people who count that could be explained by atmospheric phenomena yet that is the main cause mentioned by "debunkers" Ridicule is a powerful weapon we should all be careful how we use it... 

In one of the videos it's noted that the military doesn't spend millions of dollars chasing bigfoot or even trying to convince people bigfoot doesn't exist.yeti >:D thousands if not millions of people claim to have seen them. If they were real they could be a very serious threat but no interest by the military even though their job is to protect civilians from such threats. Image an army of interdimensional bigfoot, (feet?)  armed to the teeth with energy weapons... yeah some people make those claims with a straight face...  

One of the things about the "Nimitz" encounter was the completely reasonable explanation of FLIR tech being misinterpreted. Convinced me, I was sure it was one of the explainable sightings. Now we find out the FLIR part was the second round for the UFOs that day and the FLIR data was used to explain away the singing rather dishonestly IMHO. Two pilots had seen them close up in daylight and there were several of the objects orbiting over an object underwater at the location and not only did they show up on radar from an Aegis class destroyer, which had directed the F-18s to investigate the initial radar returns, a nuclear attack sub in the area detected the very large underwater object the UFOs seemed to be interested in as well.  The F-18 pilots saw the underwater object as well, big as a 747 was the term used as I recall. The Destroyer actually asked the F-18s if they were armed when the UFOs began to display what was seen as possible hostile intent. All the F-18s had were dummy training weapons.  

This was in 2004, newer stuff from 2015 to 2017 is also included in these reports and the Navy has officially started investigating what is going on. Which makes sense if you are on or near a hot war zone you want to know what your planes are seeing...  

We only judge fantasy by what we understand and what we understand is, how did they get here? 

A more pertinent question is, why?

Edited by dimreepr

2 hours ago, Moontanman said:

I am still of the opinion that very few people really take UFOs seriously enough to even consider the possibility. 

I think you are right about that. Most people either dismiss out of hand or believe everything they hear. You are one of the few people I know who want to take the subject seriously. You neither fall prey to hype nor take it as a subject not worthy of discussion. From my own perspective I think it is unlikely UFOs are alien (although what do I know?), but seriously investigating observed phenomena is always a good idea.

22 hours ago, zapatos said:

The problem that I have with this argument is that any civilization with the technology to across interstellar space surely has the technology to do surveillance of us completely unnoticed by us.  There would be no reason to play "peek-a-boo".    If it their intent to "do no harm", they are being very sloppy about it.    Take the "abduction" stories for example.  If they really needed a physical human subject, why not just pick up some lone hiker in the woods?   I mean people disappear under these circumstances all the time.  Someone walks into the woods and never comes out and it is just put down as another lost hiker.   No need to return them and risk the story of their abduction being uncovered.

Unfortunately from our perspective, we have no idea what other information exists. It is certainly possible that one subset of the military was testing something and using another subset of the military (the group out on exercises) to determine what response might be expected. Information is not uniformly shared within the military and the people on the video may have been part of a larger exercise they were not aware of. The military and government usually have an objective,  and using information and misinformation to achieve that objective is common practice.

1 minute ago, Janus said:

The problem that I have with this argument is that any civilization with the technology to across interstellar space surely has the technology to do surveillance of us completely unnoticed by us.

Just as we could remain completely unnoticed by the Sentinelese. But for various reasons we choose the level of stealth that we do. 

Unfortunately from our perspective, we have no idea what other information exists. It is certainly possible that one subset of the military was testing something and using another subset of the military (the group out on exercises) to determine what response might be expected. Information is not uniformly shared within the military and the people on the video may have been part of a larger exercise they were not aware of. The military and government usually have an objective,  and using information and misinformation to achieve that objective is common practice.

Just as we could remain completely unnoticed by the Sentinelese. But for various reasons we choose the level of stealth that we do. 

3 hours ago, Janus said:

The problem that I have with this argument is that any civilization with the technology to across interstellar space surely has the technology to do surveillance of us completely unnoticed by us.  There would be no reason to play "peek-a-boo".

I am of the opinion that trying to figure out what an alien would do an why they would do it...is somewhat less than a smart tun  I'm not willing to say i have a good idea why a tiger shark with swim up to a diver to get the diver to remove things like hooks and line cutting into his skin. or next day bite you in half just to feed his remorea companions... And we share 4,000,000,000 years of evolution on this planet with tiger sharks

3 hours ago, Janus said:

If it their intent to "do no harm", they are being very sloppy about it

But who can know their intent, maybe when the get sloppy they turn the planet inside out... 

3 hours ago, Janus said:

Take the "abduction" stories for example.  If they really needed a physical human subject, why not just pick up some lone hiker in the woods?   I mean people disappear under these circumstances all the time.  Someone walks into the woods and never comes out and it is just put down as another lost hiker.   No need to return them and risk the story of their abduction being uncovered.

Naked rednecks in pick up trucks smell batter to them... Naked rednecks can be found easier, maybe people taking hikes are considered rare and last not not least the aliens like that high pitched squeal the redneck makes as they are penetrated... 

I think you are right about that. Most people either dismiss out of hand or believe everything they hear. You are one of the few people I know who want to take the subject seriously. You neither fall prey to hype nor take it as a subject not worthy of discussion. From my own perspective I think it is unlikely UFOs are alien (although what do I know?), but seriously investigating observed phenomena is always a good idea.

I appreciate that UFOs are all too often portrayed as an argument from ignorance and anyone who investigates them as the ignorant arguers.

While it is true we have no smoking gun the 2004 Nimitz certainly seemed to generate a lot of smoke and the Navy seemed feel it was necessary to lie to keep the public from gaining the info. 

What happened 

An Aegis equipped destroyer two F-18 super hornets a nuclear attack submarine were all involved. The Destroyer asked if two test flight aircraft from the Nimitz could be vectored to investigate some unknown radar returns. The crews of the F-18's were excited hopping to get in on a drug smuggling bust. 

But several white objects were clearly observed descending what was basically space to within a few feet of the oceans surface. The Jets went in for a look and saw a huge object the size of a 747 just under the surface with these small objects orbiting around  the apparent craft just under the surface. A Navy nuclear attack submarine was nearby for the exercise and reported hearing unusual sounds in the vicinity of the craft that was in the water. The UFOs, several of them appeared to be protecting the object in the water and contrary to popular belief the UFOs were not featureless squares and had some sort of protrusions. When the UFO began to make moves that could have been though hostile the destroyer asked the F-!* if they had hot weapons inboard only to  be told they only had dummy weapons... The UFOs appeared to be protecting the airspace around the underwater object. 

I quoted that as accurately as i could.. what you guys suggest had been seen? 

7 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Perhaps that while probably factual, stems from the fact that most scientists do believe [even without the evidence] that life should exist elsewhere in this great big wide wonderful universe, with its many trillions of stars in many billions of galaxies.

"You mentioned "Bigfoot" and the sometimes over the top ridicule by skeptics of the claims of UFO's of alien origin. Perhaps that ridicule is driven by the fact that on an old forum I once belonged to [and actually still do] we have one individual that continually pushes his beliefs in Alien origin UFO's, Bigfoot, ghosts, and just about anything of a supernatural or paranormal nature. I kid you not!

Also with regards to the issue at hand, just found this.....

https://www.outerplaces.com/science/item/17563-photo-pentagon-ufo-story-fake-expert-reveals

extract:

"Unfortunately, Express.co.uk has revealed that not only is the photo of the infamous "white Tic-Tac UFO" most likely a distorted picture of a mylar party balloon, the photo wasn't even taken in 2004 near the Nimitz incident—it was photographed in 2005, in Manchester, England.

According to UFO investigator Steve Mera, who investigated the original sighting in England: "Truth of the matter is... it was taken in Eccles, Manchester and I investigated the case. Likelihood... it was a novelty balloon, a number 'one.' Someone manipulated the photo a little by increasing its brightness."

The photo somehow found its way into an article about the Nimitz incident published in 2015, where it was apparently picked up by members of DeLonge's academy and included in the October presentation, where Mellon commented:"

Disclaimer:

I am certainly not real familiar with this  "Express.co.uk" or its reliablity. Or whether it is or is not in the class of the Daily Mail. 

Edited by beecee

1 hour ago, beecee said:

Perhaps that while probably factual, stems from the fact that most scientists do believe [even without the evidence] that life should exist elsewhere in this great big wide wonderful universe, with its many trillions of stars in many billions of galaxies.

"You mentioned "Bigfoot" and the sometimes over the top ridicule by skeptics of the claims of UFO's of alien origin. Perhaps that ridicule is driven by the fact that on an old forum I once belonged to [and actually still do] we have one individual that continually pushes his beliefs in Alien origin UFO's, Bigfoot, ghosts, and just about anything of a supernatural or paranormal nature. I kid you not!

Also with regards to the issue at hand, just found this.....

https://www.outerplaces.com/science/item/17563-photo-pentagon-ufo-story-fake-expert-reveals

extract:

"Unfortunately, Express.co.uk has revealed that not only is the photo of the infamous "white Tic-Tac UFO" most likely a distorted picture of a mylar party balloon, the photo wasn't even taken in 2004 near the Nimitz incident—it was photographed in 2005, in Manchester, England.

According to UFO investigator Steve Mera, who investigated the original sighting in England: "Truth of the matter is... it was taken in Eccles, Manchester and I investigated the case. Likelihood... it was a novelty balloon, a number 'one.' Someone manipulated the photo a little by increasing its brightness."

The photo somehow found its way into an article about the Nimitz incident published in 2015, where it was apparently picked up by members of DeLonge's academy and included in the October presentation, where Mellon commented:"

Disclaimer:

I am certainly not real familiar with this  "Express.co.uk" or its reliablity. Or whether it is or is not in the class of the Daily Mail. 

What is being referenced is the FLIR footage which was said to be a glitch in the system by the NAVY. It was  from a HUD display from a night vision film not a photo and the objects observed earlier in the day by two pilots... I noticed that the "tic tac" photo being refereed to was about was not displayed... 

Edited by Moontanman

One possibility of why aliens might visit us and maybe even occasionally get seen is they are mining the the Earth's biosphere. Planets with extensive biospheres might be quite rare and that might make samples of DNA from animals and even bacteria valuable. If you find such a planet keep the discovery a secrete would make sense. kinda like us discovering the Sentinelese have something of extreme value and we want to get it but have to keep our efforts secrete due to international laws. I know, a stretch... 

18 hours ago, Moontanman said:

One possibility of why aliens might visit us and maybe even occasionally get seen is they are mining the the Earth's biosphere. Planets with extensive biospheres might be quite rare and that might make samples of DNA from animals and even bacteria valuable. If you find such a planet keep the discovery a secrete would make sense. kinda like us discovering the Sentinelese have something of extreme value and we want to get it but have to keep our efforts secrete due to international laws. I know, a stretch... 

Indeed... Another possibility is...

• 2 weeks later...

Michio Kaku made a video recently that was very interesting on this issue. He made a pretty good case that this is hypersonic technology being tested by the military. Doesn't explain all of it but he made a pretty good case...