Hijack from What made you stop believing in God?

SerengetiLion

1 hour ago, et pet said:

To : dimreeper, DrP, swansont ,

When I Posted : "I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!" , I was being 100% Honest in answering the question posed in the OP : "What made you stop believing in God?"!

It would be Literally Impossible for me to "stop believing in" any "God" or any "santa claus" or any "easter bunny" or any "honest politician" or any other non-existent fictional creation simply because I have NEVER STARTED TO BELIEVE in any "God" or any "santa claus" or any "easter bunny" or any "honest politician" or any other non-existent fictional creation IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I thought that I had expressed that correctly and clearly by Posting "god"(all LOWER CASE!), instead of "God"(Capitalized!).

This thread has brought up a couple issues

1. Why does it seem to be assumed/taken for granted by the Moderator, swansont, that any and all who Post on scienceforums.net  must "still believe in God " because they have neither had any reason, nor any ability, to STOP "believing in God"? After all, there must be quite a number of people, like myself, that were never burdened with having to STOP simply because they NEVER STARTED BELIEVING IN THE FIRST PLACE!?  

2.  Why, if scienceforums.net is a real Science Site, were NO Scientific Methods utilized to determine if the Hypothesis/Assumption that the statement "I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!" actually means or is the same as the statement I "still believe in God" was correct?

dimreepr and DrP,  I apologize that our discussion was wrongly nixed/interrupted due to what seems to be the failure of any application of Real Scientific Methods on what is supposed to be a Real Science Site!

swanson,  you have, once again, clearly shown and exercised your abilities and capabilities...As such, I must concur with the question DrP asked of you in this Thread : 

1 hour ago, et pet said:

To : dimreeper, DrP, swansont ,

When I Posted : "I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!" , I was being 100% Honest in answering the question posed in the OP : "What made you stop believing in God?"!

It would be Literally Impossible for me to "stop believing in" any "God" or any "santa claus" or any "easter bunny" or any "honest politician" or any other non-existent fictional creation simply because I have NEVER STARTED TO BELIEVE in any "God" or any "santa claus" or any "easter bunny" or any "honest politician" or any other non-existent fictional creation IN THE FIRST PLACE!

I thought that I had expressed that correctly and clearly by Posting "god"(all LOWER CASE!), instead of "God"(Capitalized!).

This thread has brought up a couple issues

1. Why does it seem to be assumed/taken for granted by the Moderator, swansont, that any and all who Post on scienceforums.net  must "still believe in God " because they have neither had any reason, nor any ability, to STOP "believing in God"? After all, there must be quite a number of people, like myself, that were never burdened with having to STOP simply because they NEVER STARTED BELIEVING IN THE FIRST PLACE!?  

2.  Why, if scienceforums.net is a real Science Site, were NO Scientific Methods utilized to determine if the Hypothesis/Assumption that the statement "I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!" actually means or is the same as the statement I "still believe in God" was correct?

dimreepr and DrP,  I apologize that our discussion was wrongly nixed/interrupted due to what seems to be the failure of any application of Real Scientific Methods on what is supposed to be a Real Science Site!

swanson,  you have, once again, clearly shown and exercised your abilities and capabilities...As such, I must concur with the question DrP asked of you in this Thread : 

To et pet. Omg ( no pun intended) I think you're a brillant individual in all you said, the way you said it as I too feel the same way all the way down to no capitalization of the subject matter name. I always make damn sure I correct the auto correct for typing on my mobile device when I use that "word" in any application that warrants it. Anyway your rendering is so spot on I had to elaborate.

On 5/29/2019 at 4:18 AM, DrP said:

Not a scientific reasoning then, just the feels? - That's the same argument a lot of believers use to justify their belief. "Look at the beauty of the world, listen to your heart and decide, I can't possibly see a world without a god".  

You've got to forgive yourself and move on. ;-) There are a lot of good things in Christianity - the ability to forgive others and yourself is one of those things. It is understandable why people believed it for so long like CharonY said:

...so why would you have expected to believe anything else? It was what you were taught. It was pretty normal for people to believe it. :-) 

Forgive myself? That's quite comical because forgiving myself doesn't apply as I've done nothing I feel is wrong to myself. And another thing christianity is not the creator/basis for being able to forgive nor any other positive aspect of human interaction with another. It makes me pissed knowing our species hasn't evolved into 100% knowing not to believe in such things that others "make up" with no proof whatsoever.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.