Graviton is a spin 2 particle?

Butch

I have been working on modeling my "proto-particle" some of you are familiar with it... as it turns out my proto-particle is actually a graviton, so I have been doing some reading on that. It is encouraging to see the same problems with math that I have encountered (recently I believe I found a basis for math describing the graviton, more on that later).

Can someone explain to me why a graviton must be a spin 2 entity?

+-1/2 spin... +-3/2 spin etc. particles are Fermions... they also have +-1e charge (easily detectable).

+-1 spin are Bosons photons (0e charge).

If grivation would be in Standard Model +-1 spin with no charge, it would be no distinguishable from photon.

7 minutes ago, Sensei said:

+-1/2 spin... +-3/2 spin etc. particles are Fermions... they also have +-1e charge (easily detectable).

+-1 spin are Bosons photons (0e charge).

If grivation would be in Standard Model +-1 spin with no charge, it would be no distinguishable from photon.

Bosons have integer spin (and some have charge).

Gravitons would have spin 2: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton

46 minutes ago, Butch said:

Can someone explain to me why a graviton must be a spin 2 entity?

" The graviton must be a spin-2 boson because the source of gravitation is the stress–energy tensor, a second-order tensor(compared with electromagnetism's spin-1 photon, the source of which is the four-current, a first-order tensor)."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graviton

Neutrinos are fermions. Uncharged.

17 minutes ago, Sensei said:

Neutrinos are fermions. Uncharged.

Spin is generally designated as a positive number. The spin projection can be + or -

• 2 weeks later...

All very interesting! Y'all a incredible! While investigating my proto-particle (which I believe now is a graviton) I realized there was no identifiable limit to shells or number in shells of closely interacting gravitons, so I focused on just a pair... It appears to me that a pair of interacting gravitons is indeed a photon! As such it should provide a basis for some math... More on this when I have more time and math.

Thx again everyone!