Navy investigating UFOs

Moontanman

The Navy says they want to educate pilots as to what UFOs are so that hostile aircraft or atmospheric anomalies will not be mistaken for hostile aircraft or non hostile aircraft. Yet this report was documented.  

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/05/26/us/politics/ufo-sightings-navy-pilots.html

WASHINGTON — The strange objects, one of them like a spinning top moving against the wind, appeared almost daily from the summer of 2014 to March 2015, high in the skies over the East Coast. Navy pilots reported to their superiors that the objects had no visible engine or infrared exhaust plumes, but that they could reach 30,000 feet and hypersonic speeds.

“These things would be out there all day,” said Lt. Ryan Graves, an F/A-18 Super Hornet pilot who has been with the Navy for 10 years, and who reported his sightings to the Pentagon and Congress. “Keeping an aircraft in the air requires a significant amount of energy. With the speeds we observed, 12 hours in the air is 11 hours longer than we’d expect.”

And this one:

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way.

“It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a midair” collision.

What was strange, the pilots said, was that the video showed objects accelerating to hypersonic speed, making sudden stops and instantaneous turns — something beyond the physical limits of a human crew.

Interestingly the article also said the incidents were fewer away from the US.  

1 minute ago, Moontanman said:

You do realize the tic tac object was not what this article was about.... right... Of I know you do because you would never comment  without actually reading the ;lnk...

I just thought it was an amusing coincidence that the XKCD cartoon was posted the same time as your post. Maybe the aliens planned it that way.

9 minutes ago, Strange said:

I just thought it was an amusing coincidence that the XKCD cartoon was posted the same time as your post. Maybe the aliens planned it that way.

As the article said they do not claim it was aliens.... although anything that flies between to navy jets as described in the article would be something the navy would want to know about...

I watched the onboard video from the HUD, what puzzles me is that I had once, decent Canon camera gear including an $800 70-200 F/4 L IS telephoto lens. I know, its eight hundred bucks for a camera lens, its so expensive the US navy can’t afford it to take better pictures of UFO’s :P 

10 hours ago, koti said:

I watched the onboard video from the HUD, what puzzles me is that I had once, decent Canon camera gear including an $800 70-200 F/4 L IS telephoto lens. I know, its eight hundred bucks for a camera lens, its so expensive the US navy can’t afford it to take better pictures of UFO’s :P 

Again this is not about the tic tac that was filmed by the HUD 15 years ago, this is about the Navy taking such sightings seriously and wanting pilots to report the wightings so they can be investigated due to the possibility of a pilot misidentifying something that might result in dangerous situation.

This one is particularly disturbing: From the original link

But then pilots began seeing the objects. In late 2014, Lieutenant Graves said he was back at base in Virginia Beach when he encountered a squadron mate just back from a mission “with a look of shock on his face.”

He said he was stunned to hear the pilot’s words. “I almost hit one of those things,” the pilot told Lieutenant Graves.

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

The incident so spooked the squadron that an aviation flight safety report was filed, Lieutenant Graves said.

The near miss, he and other pilots interviewed said, angered the squadron, and convinced them that the objects were not part of a classified drone program. Government officials would know fighter pilots were training in the area, they reasoned, and would not send drones to get in the way.

“It turned from a potentially classified drone program to a safety issue,” Lieutenant Graves said. “It was going to be a matter of time before someone had a "mid air” collision.

Edited by Moontanman

5 hours ago, Moontanman said:

The pilot and his wingman were flying in tandem about 100 feet apart over the Atlantic east of Virginia Beach when something flew between them, right past the cockpit. It looked to the pilot, Lieutenant Graves said, like a sphere encasing a cube.

I’m far from being an expert on this but when something passes a flying jet right past the cockpit, you wouldn’t see anything with your eyes...unless you used a multiple thousand fps camera which costs a few thousand bucks. I presume the US Navy can’t afford those too to take pictures of the cube encased in a sphere flying around?

Im sory Moon but Im just skeptical, theres always zero evidence in these sightings and really, the Navy has every possible existing gadget out there to find that evidence.

Edited by koti

On the 'tilted' background portions of video images; are those clouds, terrain, other ?

Does the video correspond to radar imaging or visual images ?

As appeared on television news ----> https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/pilots-report-encounters-high-flying-objects-63315985

11 hours ago, koti said:

I’m far from being an expert on this but when something passes a flying jet right past the cockpit, you wouldn’t see anything with your eyes...unless you used a multiple thousand fps camera which costs a few thousand bucks. I presume the US Navy can’t afford those too to take pictures of the cube encased in a sphere flying around?

Im sory Moon but Im just skeptical, theres always zero evidence in these sightings and really, the Navy has every possible existing gadget out there to find that evidence.

You should b skeptical but the mere fact the navy has changed it's policy from don't tell if you want to keep flying to encouraging pilots to make detailed reports is interesting in of it's self and see they object fly between two jets 100 feet apart depends on how fast the object was flying.It could have been flying in the same direction only slower which would have made it look like it was passing between the jets. Besides some sort of extremely advanced drone makes more sense than aliens... 

6 hours ago, Externet said:

On the 'tilted' background portions of video images; are those clouds, terrain, other ?

As appeared on television news ----> https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/News/video/pilots-report-encounters-high-flying-objects-63315985

That was the old tic tac video from 2004 and little if anything to do with the current sightings and has been explained for the most part as a foul up of the infrared camera. 

On 5/31/2019 at 8:33 AM, Externet said:

I feel the need to apologise, while the first video was in IF and many convincing explanations were given I had never never heard that two aircraft crews at visually seen to the object op quite close.  I watched the show last night and while not a smoking gun a lot of the people were quite impressive in their connections with the government and other sightings were discussed as well...

Let us hope this in not turned into another meaningless circus as most UFOs are... 

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.