Why Dogs Don't Get Dry Lips?

They do when they get dehydrated. Their tongues are wet - thus wetness left behind on things they lick.

7 minutes ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

When people lick their lips they get dry lips.

When I lick my lips they become wet. If you lick them too often and let them dry naturally then they can become chapped in some conditions and crack...  Is this what you mean? Obviously they don't get dryer when licked.

https://www.healthline.com/health/chapped-lips This talks about the cause in humans. Doesn't mention dogs though.

Edited by DrP

My dogs don't have lips; I imagine some strange definition of the word lip could include dogs but my dogs don't have lips.

49 minutes ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

Hi,

Dogs lick their lips very often so why don't they get dry lips?

Dogs lick their noses often, which are usually wet, besides dogs don't have lips...

49 minutes ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

Hi,

When people lick their lips they get dry lips. 

I imagine this is the actual question (call it instinct), people lick their lips (for a variety of reasons) because they are dry: a) due to dehydration b) due to atmospheric conditions. Either way they get wet first.

Edited by dimreepr

23 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

I imagine this is the actual question (call it instinct), people lick their lips (for a variety of reasons) because they are dry: a) due to dehydration b) due to atmospheric conditions. Either way they get wet first.

Yea - Says on that health site that 'habitual' licking can cause the moisture to be stripped out of them by the saliva. I think it depends on atmospherics and how often they get licked as well as other things.

2 hours ago, DrP said:

They do when they get dehydrated. Their tongues are wet - thus wetness left behind on things they lick.

When I lick my lips they become wet. If you lick them too often and let them dry naturally then they can become chapped in some conditions and crack...  Is this what you mean? Obviously they don't get dryer when licked.

https://www.healthline.com/health/chapped-lips This talks about the cause in humans. Doesn't mention dogs though.

Yeah that's what I mean. Thx for the link, I will check it.

Edited by Carl Fredrik Ahl