Hijack from What made you stop believing in God?

et pet

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Because you think it is...

I cannot follow your line of reasoning, dimreepr...

I never stated or implied that I thought it was "Good".

It was you, dimreepr, that made the statement "Good for you.", so it seemed that you were the one to "think it is".

Edited by et pet

2 minutes ago, et pet said:

I never stated or implied that I thought it was "Good".

Then you accept it can be bad...

21 minutes ago, et pet said:

I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!

Which God? Just so we're clear...

18 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

Then you accept it can be bad...

Again, dimreepr,  I cannot follow your line of reasoning.

I simply stated "I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!", I neither stated or implied that it was either good or bad.

In all honesty I "think" that having personally never stopped believing in god is something that I would consider as "Good" or accept that it could even be "bad".

Why, dimreepr, do you state that it as "Good" for me and then turnaround and try to get me to "accept" that "it can be bad"?

Edited by et pet

2 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

No shit Sherlock, please try again...

So, first you state that having never stopped believing in god is "Good" for me, then turnaround and try to get me to "accept" that "it can be bad" and now you Post what appears to be childish sarcasm, dimreepr?

Do you have a point that you are trying to make?

8 minutes ago, et pet said:

So, first you state that having never stopped believing in god is "Good" for me, then turnaround and try to get me to "accept" that "it can be bad" and now you Post what appears to be childish sarcasm, dimreepr?

Do you have a point that you are trying to make?

I think you are over thinking it. I think it was a throw away comment 'good for you'....  which was probably a mixture of sincerity and maybe some sarcasm in some ratio or another. Why wouldn't it be good for you? If you get something positive out of it then good for you.   If not then drop it.

I have gotten strength from it in the past - but maybe I could have gotten strength else where as I do today. Others do. I just had to stop lying to myself (and by extension others).

On 5/9/2019 at 7:17 AM, swansont said:
!

Moderator Note

A reminder that the topic of this thread is "What made you stop believing in God?"

Discussions about how you still believe in God are off-topic.

!

Moderator Note

This has not changed, hence the placement of this hijack and subsequent “discussion”

4 minutes ago, dimreepr said:

God doesn't matter until you make it so...

Still not sure how that relates in any way to my post :  I have never stopped believing in god and I am well beyond my 30's and 40's!

If your God doesn't matter until you make it so...then I guess that it might be "Good" or possibly "bad" for you and your God.

That would seem to be between you and your God.

It seems very clear, dimreepr, that your indecisiveness toward your God has nothing to do me having never stopped believing in god.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.