What could win a Nobel Prize in the Star Wars galaxy?

Maximum7

On 6/29/2019 at 5:38 AM, Airbrush said:

Could you elaborate on what 2 carbon nano-tubes are?  One nano-tube for each laser?  Why do you need to heat cables?  Let the lasers do the cutting.

It wasn't really a serious design; more like a brain fart, but let me follow through: :blink:

The carbon nano tubes would form the leading edges and be heated by the lasers, to a very high temperature (providing instant heat to the leading edge).

Since the light saber is hand held the lasers output would be very restricted (try cutting something with a laser pointer).

Edited by dimreepr

What is it with physics and barbecues?

Back in 1957 some physicists discovered that red hot carbon burns if you blow air through it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

It seems  that not everyone is aware of this fact

"The carbon nano tubes would form the leading edges and be heated by the lasers, to a very high temperature"

Woosh! 

(once)

1 hour ago, John Cuthber said:

What is it with physics and barbecues?

Back in 1957 some physicists discovered that red hot carbon burns if you blow air through it
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windscale_fire

It seems  that not everyone is aware of this fact

"The carbon nano tubes would form the leading edges and be heated by the lasers, to a very high temperature"

Woosh! 

(once)

Well I did explain it was a shit idea

2 hours ago, dimreepr said:

more like a brain fart, but let me follow through: :blink: