Venus cooled off?

Moontanman

8 hours ago, Moontanman said:

Go for it:cool:

This universoul sandbox game how fast amd no much memory is required for it for it run? Looks like something I could really grt into.

into.intointinit Minimum:
        Processor: 1.6GHz dual-core
        Memory: 1 GB RAM
        Graphics: 512 MB Video Memory, Shader Model 4.0
        DirectX: Version 11
        Storage: 2 GB available space
        Additional Notes: * A 64-bit version of Windows is required for Universe Sandbox updates after November 2018. Users on 32-bit systems can still run previous versions. Learn more

Recommended:
        Processor: 2.6GHz quad-core
        Memory: 4 GB RAM
        Graphics: 1 GB Video Memory
        DirectX: Version 11
        Additional Notes: For VR, see recommendations from your headset manufacturer

https://store.steampowered.com/app/230290/Universe_Sandbox/

29 minutes ago, Endy0816 said:

This is the one I have, it's three years old.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-251-Desktop-PC-series/9259618/model/9971100/document/c04943761/

Does it measure up? I have little understanding of the jargon used to describe computers... 

12 minutes ago, Endy0816 said:

Yeah, I'm a big fan of Isaac Arthur's works. He's done a number of well thought out videos.

The upper atmosphere could definitely work out as is.

I didn't know he was a physicist until recently... 

https://www.iflscience.com/space/heres-what-would-happen-if-we-switched-mars-and-venus-in-the-solar-system/

As for Venus, interestingly its temperature doesn’t rely on the Sun that much; move it to the orbit of Mars, and it would still remain largely similar as its atmosphere is in equilibrium. Over a long time, however, it might be that the planet starts to cool. Otherwise, the only option is to take it beyond the orbit of Mars.

“It seems that simply switching the orbits of the current Venus and Mars would not produce a second habitable world,” wrote Tasker. But had Venus originally formed in the position of Mars, a planet of that size may have fared better at holding onto its atmosphere.

• 3 months later...

If we could move Venus, adding water should be child's play and that would be the Key. Earth has about as much CO2 as Venus but most of ours is locked up in carbonate rocks. Add a few comets, spin Venus up to a more reasonable day thength and you would, probably in a rather long time,have a habitable planet. Water is the key! 

Recent research points to Venus having oceans up until as recently as one billion years ago...