A small problem with the whole of physics

PrimalMinister

2 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

What do you mean? Of course I have, it does explain a method of getting the laws of the universe everywhere. Its essentially like a holographic plate where you embed the whole image in every part.

Why do you need a method? Why wouldn't physical laws be constant in other parts of the universe? You aren't answering questions, you're just shoveling on more crap.

4 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Wouldn't it be great if you were right and all those stupidheads who studied science in school were WRONG, making YOU the leading authority on

I don't think people are stupid, how can you look at modern physics and think people are stupid? I am not interested in fame and status, I just want to further human understanding of the universe.

4 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

What do you mean? Of course I have, it does explain a method of getting the laws of the universe everywhere. Its essentially like a holographic plate where you embed the whole image in every part.

1. You have not explained how these machines work and reproduce what we observe. You have just made a claim that they do.

2. You have  to explained why these machines are the same everywhere (as they would need to be to make the laws of physics the same everywhere). After all, these machines must operate according to some laws; why are those laws the same everywhere? And where did they come from?

So you have just moved your question from "why are the laws of physics the same everywhere" to "why are these machines the same everywhere"

And move the related "where do the laws come from" to "where do the machines come from"

3. And you have no evidence for your machines. 

So, no, you have explained exactly nothing.

For an explanation as to why you are getting into an infinite regress with this, see the post about this in your other thread on the subject.

Ok, but we are in agreement that the universe is not run on magic, however physics answer to the question 'how do you actually get the laws of the universe everywhere' is basically 'well it just magically occurs'.

Invoking magic is not a substitute for not knowing yet. Why must we have all the answers right now? Just because we don't know now doesn't mean mean we never will.

And you're talking bollocks with not an iota of substance.

Cellular automata, pixel, cell, tile or virtual machine? Why do you create the same kind of threads over and over again? What is the purpose?

1 hour ago, PrimalMinister said:

All the tiny machines follow a fixed cycle, they create reality, then they destory reality, over and over again. The absolute reality is the machines, the relative reality we see is virtual, its flicking in and out of existance billions of times a second.

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/117548-theory-of-everything-of-final-theory/:

This unit, the prime unit, is a unit of space, a three dimensional pixel/cell/tile and the universe is composed entirely of them. Each pixel/cell/tile, and all pixels/cells/tiles go through a cycle of constructing the universe then deconstructing the universe, over and over again. Reality as we know it is constantly flicking in and out of being, the same process just repeating itself ad infinitum. This is one set of laws, enforced everywhere. These laws enforce both the phenomena we see and the laws that govern the phenomena. For example, the planet and the gravity keeping us on the ground should be viewed as a single phenomena managed together by another set of laws, laws that are embedded everywhere.

https://www.scienceforums.net/topic/116102-thought-experiments/?tab=comments#comment-1070890:

There is more to this story but the short version is "we live in a pixel, tile based or cellular universe".

That is the theory of everything in a sentence.

It will be taught in schools in five years time, maybe less, and its inevitable, because its the truth and its obvious its the truth. I know you want more and there is more, but that is what a theory of everything looks like.

30 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

I just want to further human understanding of the universe.

You are not going to do that by just making stuff up.

There are many people who post their pet ideas about how the universe works. One I know claims everything is made up of little particles with hooks that link them together and elastic bands that cause the forces. He is equally certain the he is right. And also has no medal and zero evidence.

25 minutes ago, PrimalMinister said:

Ok, but we are in agreement that the universe is not run on magic, however physics answer to the question 'how do you actually get the laws of the universe everywhere' is basically 'well it just magically occurs'.

No one says that.

This is the straw man fallacy. Stop it.

3 minutes ago, Ghideon said:

It will be taught in schools in five years time, maybe less, and its inevitable, because its the truth and its obvious its the truth. I know you want more and there is more, but that is what a theory of everything looks like.

I was probably unwell when I wrote that, I have been diagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, I was likely manic when I wrote it. I don't think its going to change anything at the moment.

15 minutes ago, Strange said:

No one says that.

Well what does modern physics say about it exactly?

Well I thought for a moment that the OP was going to explain his space moves thing around as his version of what happens as a result of the expansion of the Universe, which might even be supportable

But then he introduced Harry Potters magic nanobots and I realised that what he really meant by

A small problem with the whole of physics was that physics should have been spelt with a capitol P.

:)

Oh and +1 to Zap

1 minute ago, Strange said:

Why would you think that? Magic has nothing to do with science, so stop saying that.

I don't think its run on magic, I think there is a logic behind it. Its modern physics that seems to accept that they don't know and its just the way it is.

I don't think its run on magic, I think there is a logic behind it. Its modern physics that seems to accept that they don't know and its just the way it is.

There is a BIG difference between "don't know" and "it must be magic". Only you insist on the latter explanation.

Science doesn't even know for sure if the laws of physics are the same everywhere. So far they seem to be, within the limits of measurement. But some people claim to have detected changes.

But, this is supposed to be about your idea. So stop avoiding questions.

Why would your machines be the same everywhere? What enforces the laws of the machines? Could it be ... "magic"?

If you refuse to answer questions, then I shall request that this thread be closed. 

I have looked at modern physics and it one of those God did it things (its just the way it is).

All you did was substitute "PrimalMinister did it" for "God did it". If those are my only two options I'll choose God (and I'm an atheist). MigL's explanation is as likely as yours.

And I really doubt you've looked at 'modern physics' in any meaningful way.

10 minutes ago, Strange said:

here is a BIG difference between "don't know" and "it must be magic". Only you insist on the latter explanation. 

I am not insisting it is God/fairy magic, but in a way it is a kind of magic, you can see the trick being done, but you don't know how its actually pulled off.

I am saying, this is maybe how the trick is done.

Edited by PrimalMinister

!

Moderator Note

No, the physics answer is not that it's magic. It's you want the philosophy lecture hall, two buildings down.

You don't have a testable idea. No model, no evidence. All you have is some kvetching about your dissatisfaction with some aspects of physics, and it's clear you don't have much of an understanding about what you're complaining about.

We're not under any obligation to indulge you. Go start up a blog somewhere.