Game of Thrones

Airbrush

Anyone been following this series?  What can happen in the next and last episode?  If you haven't been watching, spoiler alert.

Spoiler

Interesting to note that the Dragon Queen went hog wild burning up the city on her dragon.  There are many that hate her for that, including Arya.

The huge knight who was body guard for Cersei had a fight to the finish with the Hound and turns out he was a red-eyed zombie!  The Hound stabbed him through the skull and the knight just pulls the knife out and keeps fighting.  Then they both fall into the fire.  Maybe the Knight is still alive?

We can't be sure that Cersei and Jamie Lannnister are dead.  We just see the ceiling collapsing and they may have survived.  Then it would be appropriate for Dragon Queen to flame him, or Arya Stark to accomplish her original mission of killing Cercei?

Edited by Strange
Add spoiler tag. Just in case

53 minutes ago, Airbrush said:

Anyone been following this series?  What can happen in the next and last episode?  If you haven't been watching, spoiler alert.

Hide contents

Interesting to note that the Dragon Queen went hog wild burning up the city on her dragon.  There are many that hate her for that, including Arya.

The huge knight who was body guard for Cersei had a fight to the finish with the Hound and turns out he was a red-eyed zombie!  The Hound stabbed him through the skull and the knight just pulls the knife out and keeps fighting.  Then they both fall into the fire.  Maybe the Knight is still alive?

We can't be sure that Cersei and Jamie Lannnister are dead.  We just see the ceiling collapsing and they may have survived.  Then it would be appropriate for Dragon Queen to flame him, or Arya Stark to accomplish her original mission of killing Cercei?

I can tell you that I'm very disappointed in HBO with what they've done with the stream. I bought a 65" high end TV two months ago and I see crappy artifacts in every dark scene in season 8. It's so annoying that I can barely follow the plot. Having said that, the Dragon queen has taken an emotional path of burning everything down because the city she burned, is the same city her ancestors had it taken away from them 300 years prior. The evil knight is Hafthor, hes actually a really nice guy, heres a video of him armwrestling Devon Larratt a world armwrestling champion:

Edited by koti

1 hour ago, koti said:

I can tell you that I'm very disappointed in HBO with what they've done with the stream.

I watched  and re-watched the entire series several times. There are also some very good YouTube videos outlining characters and plots.

I wouldn't say I'm disappointed, insomuch as bewildered why the producers would go though such detailed character development and arcs only to bring them to simplistic, even insignificant plot endings.

Foreshadowing was a huge part of the series. I would have hoped many of the loose ends would have been sewn up by twists and revelations, but alas we'll end up with many red herrings.

In the last episode, we'll probably not hear about  Vary's man in the box, or the identity of Quaithe of the Shadow or the punchline to the Donkey and honeycomb in the brothel joke.

They dropped the ball on the Golden Company and elephants. No elephants and dead in one dragon puff. The direwolves came up short too.

I'll watch it and enjoy it. I'm sure I'll be scratching my head about several more things, but that may just be a ploy to attract viewers to the upcoming prequel series.

All in all, an epic show. Among the best I've seen, despite the weaknesses of season 8

I've thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue associated with court intrigue, politics, etc. Using magic to solve problems feels like cheating to me, as it is much easier than solving problems in real life. I've also never been a fan of dragons and dead people walking around. Season 8 feels like they realized they couldn't possibly wrap up all the open threads and so just decided to kill everyone off in the easiest manner possibly and call it a day.

13 hours ago, zapatos said:

I've thoroughly enjoyed the dialogue associated with court intrigue, politics, etc. Using magic to solve problems feels like cheating to me, as it is much easier than solving problems in real life. I've also never been a fan of dragons and dead people walking around. Season 8 feels like they realized they couldn't possibly wrap up all the open threads and so just decided to kill everyone off in the easiest manner possibly and call it a day.

Never watched it but season 8 feels like a stretch...  

17 hours ago, koti said:

I can tell you that I'm very disappointed in HBO with what they've done with the stream. I bought a 65" high end TV two months ago and I see crappy artifacts in every dark scene in season 8. It's so annoying that I can barely follow the plot. Having said that, the Dragon queen has taken an emotional path of burning everything down because the city she burned, is the same city her ancestors had it taken away from them 300 years prior. The evil knight is Hafthor, hes actually a really nice guy, heres a video of him armwrestling Devon Larratt a world arm wrestling champion:

Thanks for posting that about Hafthor.  They made him up to look more evil than any character I have ever seen!

Are you referring to the large number of "dark scenes" in the episode "Long Night" (the battle with the zombies) where you can barely see what is happening?  I agree that was frustrating.  The lighting was not good, big mistake. 

Other than that I am quite satisfied with the plot so far.  Spectacular scene how Arya Stark leaps upon the Night King, just before he kills Bran (and absorbs his power of vision-flight).  Then he grabbed her forearm holding the dagger and she used her assassin training to drop the dagger to her other hand, and stab the King, and everyone zombie, human or dragon, crumbled into shards!  She should be hailed as the savior of the living.

For Daenerys to use per dragon to wantonly burn a multitude of innocent people was unforgiveable, even by Jon Snow.  She had said she didn't want to be evil like her father.  Arya will want to kill her and Cercei, and that will be fine with Sansa.

Edited by Airbrush

• 3 weeks later...

Loved the series. Didn't like episode 3 of season 8 though. Too dark, no dialogue, some odd discontinuities, poor castle battle defence strategy and a lacklustre finish to the night king's story without proper explanation about what was after imo - although, Arya Stark, she finishes him well.  

Just bought all 6 of the books In paper back in a charity shop for £1.50 the lot. :-)

Edited by DrP