Rubbing Nails For Faster Hair Growth

Does it have to be connection with the nails or will any head massage do? I would suspect that if this is true it would be more to do with the stimulus from the massage rather than anything to do with the make up of the nails.

2 hours ago, DrP said:

Does it have to be connection with the nails or will any head massage do? I would suspect that if this is true it would be more to do with the stimulus from the massage rather than anything to do with the make up of the nails.

Head massage will make your hair grow faster for sure, but I wonder if rubbing nails also works.

2 hours ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

Hi,

I've heard that rubbing nails provides faster hair growth because it will improve blood circulation in the scalp in the hair folicles because the nails is somehow connected to the scalp. Is this true?

They are both made of keratin. But apart from that, this sounds like magical thinking (a form of sympathetic magic, in other words).

44 minutes ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

Head massage will make your hair grow faster for sure, 

Citation needed. Do you have any peer reviewed studies confirming this? It would seem to be a great question for experimentation.

14 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Citation needed. Do you have any peer reviewed studies confirming this? It would seem to be a great question for experimentation.

No, but it will improve the blood circulation in the scalp and I've heard a lot of people telling that this will make the hair grow faster. But no, I do not have any evidence.

11 minutes ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

No, but it will improve the blood circulation in the scalp and I've heard a lot of people telling that this will make the hair grow faster. But no, I do not have any evidence.

Don't you think, based on how easy it would be to test, that this is probably a myth perpetuated by people who charge to massage scalps? If it were supported by any evidence whatsoever, wouldn't there be head massage stations EVERYWHERE? 

Just now, Phi for All said:

If it were supported by any evidence whatsoever, wouldn't there be head massage stations EVERYWHERE? 

Not necessarily surely? a - do people really care that much how fast their hair grows?   b - if a person does care that much about hair growth then they are probably balding anyway and I suspect (although purely speculating) that the massage will not work for them.

Speculation: IF this does work and hair grows faster when the circulation is better from massage (how much massage? continually all day every day or just an hour every day?) then does this apply only for people with a healthy head of hair? I would speculate that it wouldn't work for people who's follicular growth is already retarded.

31 minutes ago, Phi for All said:

Don't you think, based on how easy it would be to test, that this is probably a myth perpetuated by people who charge to massage scalps? If it were supported by any evidence whatsoever, wouldn't there be head massage stations EVERYWHERE? 

No I really don't think it would since it's very easy to massage your own head with your fingers.

2 hours ago, DrP said:

Not necessarily surely? a - do people really care that much how fast their hair grows?

People care for healthy hair, the industry cares for growth. It's the same model used for lawns; make it healthy so it grows and you can cut it more often

1 hour ago, Carl Fredrik Ahl said:

No I really don't think it would since it's very easy to massage your own head with your fingers.

I was talking about professional experiments. Don't you think, if results showed that stimulation of the scalp made hair grow faster, those results would be easily obtained, confirmed multiple times by other scientists reproducing the results, and shouted to the rooftops as a surefire way to improve growth? Why are so many manufacturers ignoring this if it's true?