Is Germany the strcitest country of Europe?

ps2huang

I don't know. Some people on the net told me that Germans are very strict, hard-working group among all Europeans. They said because Germany have strong antecedent with the natives of Israel--which is Hebrew. We all know Jewish are smart at math or whatever, they were the earliest colonist in East German. And Eistien was half German and Half Jewish. So is this country stricest country over there?

Also I heard German language has lots to do with Hebrew, right?

German settlers came from the East, Asia. Jews moved there for some reason, and Germany accepted them until Martin Luther started the whole Nazi thing. Jews being smart in math is a stereotype, and a rather conservative one. There language was originally from Indo-European setters but blended locally having nothing to do with Hebrew. What else are we missing?

Oh, and yeah, Germans have a strict hierarchy like society.

German settlers came from the East' date=' Asia. Jews moved there for some reason, and Germany accepted them until Martin Luther started the whole Nazi thing. Jews being smart in math is a stereotype, and a rather conservative one. There language was originally from Indo-European setters but blended locally having nothing to do with Hebrew. What else are we missing?

Oh, and yeah, Germans have a strict hierarchy like society.[/quote']

Well, someone told me on the net. Maybe I was confused. So you mean the earliest German settlers were from where of East, and where of Asia?

Indo-European??? Sounds familiar. Does that mean Indian and European?

I was told German language is difficult to learn. So I think Germany must have a strong policies. I think German people are very conservative at many perspective fields, righttt?

I don't know. Some people on the net told me that Germans are very strict' date=' hard-working group among all Europeans. They said because Germany have strong antecedent with the natives of Israel--which is Hebrew. We all know Jewish are smart at math or whatever, they were the earliest colonist in East German. And Eistien was half German and Half Jewish. So is this country stricest country over there?

Also I heard German language has lots to do with Hebrew, right?[/quote']

How about Russia?

Conservative as in American politics. It's a rude stenotype that Jews own everything, are good at math, and cheat others. This is just hatred that comes from conservative interpretations of the Bible. Sense Banks are against Christian dogma, Jews set them up. They gave loans. They had power. Christians hatted them.

Not saying ps2huang is like that but that's just where the stereotype comes from. He was probably talking about where Germany originally accepted Jews, but latter Martin Luther's apologetics stuff coupled along with resentment towards Jewish influence created the perfect politics for somebody like Hitler to take power. With a bunch of money from the Catholic church, of course...

FYI, I know somebody who works for a German company and according to him, their strict society is reflected in company policy. Things like obedience are considered high morals. He says nobody likes the local (German) manager because he's quick to fire people. It has a lot to with "knowing your place and being proud of wherever you are." I think if you listen to them talk, you can hear it in their voice. Rammstein..

FYI, I know somebody who works for a German company and according to him, their strict society is reflected in company policy. ..
Ever wonder where stereotypes start?

"I know someone, who works for a German company". Wow! What an incredibly reliable, statistically valid, basis for deduction that is.

I don't know. Some people on the net told me that Germans are very strict, hard-working group among all Europeans.
I visited Germany last about eight years ago. One of the things that impressed me most were their strict driving standards. At that time, Germans paid about 2500 marks (US$1400) for a driver's liscence. To pass the test, you had to know the rules of the road and also basic breakdown repair. They have a point system and when you get too many points you simply lose your liscence. Another 2500 marks, please.

The result was an extremely courteous German driver, one who erred on the side of caution and was very aware of other drivers on the road (so different from the US, where everyone considers their car to be a private world where no one else exists, except to shout at).

Strict? Yes, in some things, the result of which is some of the finest roads and automobiles in the world.

Conservative as in American politics. It's a rude stenotype that Jews own everything, are good at math, and cheat others. This is just hatred that comes from conservative interpretations of the Bible. Sense Banks are against Christian dogma, Jews set them up. They gave loans. They had power. Christians hatted them.

Actually, Jews, at least Ashkenazi Jews, typically are a tad smarter than the average bear, and make more money than the average bear (at least that is what I often read from neutral factual sources... don't shoot the messenger! ;) ). He didn't say anything about them being covetable cheats.

A friend of mine, an FAA air traffic controller, handling european traffic in the northeast corridor, told me that Lufthansa pilots are the most responsive in complying with ill-favored or undesirable instructions, and the Iberia pilots are the least responsive.

A friend of mine, an FAA air traffic controller, handling european traffic in the northeast corridor, told me that Lufthansa pilots are the most responsive in complying with ill-favored or undesirable instructions, and the Iberia pilots are the least responsive.

Curse those unresponsive spanish!

I don't know what you really mean by "strict", but if you are refering to the laws, then I think Singapore has the strictest laws. No gum allowed, no protests allowed, no smoking (in public places), no durians and gas cylinders on the train (each SG$5000), no indecent exposure (?!)... that's why Singapore is a fine city.

The result was an extremely courteous German driver' date=' one who erred on the side of caution and was very aware of other drivers on the road (so different from the US, where everyone considers their car to be a private world where no one else exists, except to shout at).

Strict? Yes, in some things, the result of which is some of the finest roads and automobiles in the world.[/quote']

You have got to be kidding. It is very easy to get a driver's licence in Germany, and very difficult to fail your driving test (unlike the UK). The drivers are rude, dangerous and aggressive. During my trips to the US I have been inpressed by how much more courteoous US drivers have been (though not displaying much skill). I am very relieved that I don't live in Germany anymore, and don't have to drive there. (France is worse, but that is a different matter....)

And more no topic, Germans are not very conservative at all - they are fairly liberal. Though not as liberal as the dutch, swedes, danes etc, they are a lot less conservative than the US.

I studied the German language for four years, and it's not very hard at all. Sentence structure is slightly different (verb placement particularly) than English, but overall it's not any harder than any language. Verb conjugation is hard in ANY language. Oh wait, the one thing I thought was really difficult was noun gender: male, female, or neutral. There were no formal rules about a noun's gender; you just had to memorize it all.

Bugs Bunny: Ich BIN ein Nase!!

I studied the German language for four years' date=' and it's not very hard at all. Sentence structure is slightly different (verb placement particularly) than English, but overall it's not any harder than any language. Verb conjugation is hard in ANY language. Oh wait, the one thing I thought was really difficult was noun gender: male, female, or neutral. There were no formal rules about a noun's gender; you just had to memorize it all.

Bugs Bunny: Ich BIN ein Nase!![/quote']

So there is a distinguish mode for speaking Germany? Like when you talk to a girl, you need to change your tone and grammar and use the verb in a different way, right?

• 2 weeks later...

No, that's not what he means. In German each noun is classified as masculine, feminine, neuter, or plural and based on those classifications the grammer changes. Just looking at the word "the" : masculine-der, feminine-die, Neuter-das, Plural-die. The word "ball" is masculine so you say der Ball-the ball but the word cat is feminineso you say die Katze-the cat. There are some general rules that can help one remember what type of noun a word is, but for the most part it is just memorization. But it has nothing to do with who you are speaking to. The rules don't change for girls and guys.

I went on two exchanges to Germany, and in my opinion it didn't seem particularly strict. I defenitely agree that certain things are much less strict than the US: 16 drinking age, nudity on TV. The first time I lived with a family where the father was a cop and he said the German police have a lot more restrictions on them than American police. I'm not sure but I think he said that German police can't shoot unless they have already been shot at, but don't hold me to that.