Match brain structure with optogenetics and achieve immortality

fredreload

You've probably read my other post below. And here focuses on the idea of optogenetics. To being with, I will post a video on the introduction of optogenetics.

Now this baby only activates or deactivates neurons. The real work for our focus lies in modify the dendrites and the synapses, therefore we could change the rhodopsin structure to match our needs. The video below shows the structure of the rhodopsin channel.

So by modifying the G receptor, we will introduce 4 pathways. One pathway increases the number of dendrites, one pathway decreases the number of dendrites, one pathway uses glutamate to modify activation of the synapse, and one pathway uses GABA to modify the inhibition of the synapse.

The ultimate goal here is to create a clone similar to me and match the brain stem thereby allowing me to transfer my consciousness over. Feel free to post and theorize whether my idea is correct or not.

18 hours ago, fredreload said:

The ultimate goal here is to create a clone similar to me and match the brain stem thereby allowing me to transfer my consciousness over.

Won't the clone object to that?

4 hours ago, Bufofrog said:

Won't the clone object to that?

Precisely, an exact clone would also have a consciousness region developed at birth. I speculate that the consciousness region remain static so it should be an exact match to my current self at age 33 because consciousness remain the same since birth but with a different set of memory as I age, I do not become a different person's consciousness when I turn 2, as an example, (whether the consciousness region remain static is debatable). Though it is more fun if my consciousness can be transferred into another person's brain's consciousness region.

Edited by fredreload