10 to 1

nameless

Where did I go wrong?

Pascal is kg .metre ² . m sec².   Why is it 1.019.. and not 1?  Why is MPa not 100kg F cm²  ?
"1 megapascal [MPa] = 10.1971621297793 kilogram-force/centimeter²"  

If .5kg at 40msec² strikes on 1cm² is that 80 or 8MPa?

Your way of expressing is very confusing. It's not really clear what actually you want.

1 Pa = 1 Pascal

1 Pa = 1 N/m^2 = [math]\frac{N}{m^2} = \frac{kg}{m*s^2}[/math]

101970 Pa = 101970 [math]\frac{N}{m^2}[/math] = 10.197 [math]\frac{N}{cm^2}[/math]

1 m = 100 cm

therefor

1 m^2 = 100 * 100 cm^2 = 10,000 cm^2

4 hours ago, nameless said:
Pascal is kg .metre ² . m sec².   Why is it 1.019.. and not 1?  Why is MPa not 100kg F cm²  ?
"1 megapascal [MPa] = 10.1971621297793 kilogram-force/centimeter²"  

1 Pa = 1 N/m2 = 1 kg / ms2

But note the use of kilogram-force in that equation.(https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kilogram-force)

1 kgf = 9.80665 N

24 minutes ago, nameless said:

OK then 1 million pascals is 100kg/ cm 2.   Megapascal is approximately that - was there a need to make it different? It tricked me up.

Hard to know if there was a need or not, without knowing what the source was and what its purpose was.

1 hour ago, nameless said:

url deleted

Welcome to the official website of the Church of Satan. ... and individualism—qualities often defined as Evil by those who worship external deities, who feel there ...
!

Moderator Note

I have no idea what this has to do with the discussion. Kindly refrain from spamming.

7 hours ago, nameless said:

OK then 1 million pascals is 100kg/ cm 2.   Megapascal is approximately that - was there a need to make it different? It tricked me up.

Well, that's a matter of theology.

The fact that the acceleration due to gravity at the Earth's surface  (9.80665 m/s/s) is near, but not exactly, 10 m/s/s is down to whoever designed the Earth.