Analysis of RedBarron's Gravity Generator

t686

The RedBarron "gravity generator" generated an air suction into a tube closed in the back and open in the front, with a spinning small cylinder that was driven in an accelerating or decelerating rotation by an electric engine, the spinning small metal cylinder that spins connected by a rod to the electric motor in the back of the sealed back tube.

The shape of the small spinning metal cylinder were very shallow same sized mounds of equal size in a single row around the circumferance of the spinning small cylinder.  The spinning small cylinder drove the air or impacted the air at an extremely high accelerating or decelerating rpm.  The mounds being shallow are aerodynamic and you can imagine that between same-sized mounds, a shallow X indentation between mounds, so air is really criss-crossed from a stable aerodynamic row of the mounds on the spinning small metal cylinder that cuts through the air.  And it was acceleration that caused it (or deceleration), and not a constant speed of the rpm and I'll explain what happens.

The idea is it generates a fractal.  The spinning cylinder impacts the air inside the tube and a wave travels toward the surface of the outer tube and bounces back.  But since the driven spinning small cylinder (or wheel as he calls it) is accelerating, the waves that are generated are generated closer and closer in time.  So looking at the spacing, it's exponential, so it's like dividing by two on every step, so it generates the Sierpinski triangle fractal.

Now suppose you look at air outside the tube.  The criss-crossing of the air from the aerodynamic mounds on the spinning cylinder might make you think it's possible to generate a fan that could possibly suck air into the back if the mounds were curved like a propeller but they're not shaped like a propeller.  I haven't figured out the exact mechanism but I think that since it generates a fractal, air outside the tube, ----------------a small draft outside the tube can suddenly grow to a large draft---------------------- that gets caught up in the criss crossing of the air INSIDE the tube.  And why does the draft outside suddenly grow, because not only does an accelerating spinning cylinder generate waves in time that get closer and closer, since the one behind is is travelling faster, it can catch up and overtake the one in front, so you're making easier a process that wouldn't happen any other way, because very small drafts balloon to large ones quickly outside the tube.

This makes me believe that the bank of batteries for instant, hundreds or thousand of small batteries in a bank, they're connected in series.  But what if you connected them in parallel, but not the usual way, but have them connected so that you have short connections between neighbors, basically what I'm asking is how would you connect them so that you have some or most in a short distance, or rather maybe have so many connections that it usually takes a long distance for electricity to go, but then have a shorter direct route to connect groups closer together, so you generate a vortex for stronger electric generation, or a more powerful output in a motor, because ultimately RedBarron's device generated a vortex inside from a flow-less process, but I believe it's the fractal part that's important AND the fact that you can have electric connections mostly in a very long distance but have groups connected by short distances to mimic this, to generate more power in an electric motor.

You can see in the picture in the upper left, the large tube, open in the fron, closed in the back.  At the very back is the electric motor behind the tube, with a drawing of an electric plug.  Inside the large tube is really connected by the rod, the small spinning wheel or cylinder that has the aerodynamic same-sized and repeated small mounds dremmeled out in a single row around the surface of the small spinning metal cylinder.  On the bottom of the picture are two rectangles sized by side outside the OPEN tube in front, and it represents a large draft, but notice at the corner where it's near the open, a smaller rectangle side by side that gets caught up in the criss-cross flow of air ie, a fractal is generated that balloons up to the large fractal, air is going into the tube that's open in the front, closed in the  back.

Untitled.png

Edited by t686

You said "analysis" in the title. 

What we have is a lot of buzzwords strung together in a meaningless way:

5 minutes ago, t686 said:

The idea is it generates a fractal. 

5 minutes ago, t686 said:

The RedBarron "gravity generator" generated an air suction into a tube

I don't remember any evidence it generated suction. RedBarron waved a piece of paper around near the tube and claimed it was generating gravity. (At best, there might have been a bit of air movement but the "experiment" was so shockingly shoddy we can't know.)

8 minutes ago, t686 said:

a small draft outside the tube can suddenly grow to a large draft---------------------- that gets caught up in the criss crossing of the air INSIDE the tube.

How can it make air flow into the tube without pressure building up?

9 minutes ago, t686 said:

This makes me believe that the bank of batteries for instant, hundreds or thousand of small batteries in a bank, they're connected in series.  But what if you connected them in parallel, but not the usual way, but have them connected so that you have short connections between neighbors, basically what I'm asking is how would you connect them so that you have some or most in a short distance, or rather maybe have so many connections that it usually takes a long distance for electricity to go, but then have a shorter direct route to connect groups closer together, so you generate a vortex for stronger electric generation, or a more powerful output in a motor, because ultimately RedBarron's device generated a vortex inside from a flow-less process, but I believe it's the fractal part that's important AND the fact that you can have electric connections mostly in a very long distance but have groups connected by short distances to mimic this, to generate more power in an electric motor.

This appears to start out as a question but then trails off into an incoherent ramble. I have no idea what you are trying to ask or say.

Assuming the resistance of wiring is not significant, then connecting the batteries in parallel with long or short wires will make no difference. If the resistance is significant, then you will just waste power in the longer wires.

2 minutes ago, Strange said:

Assuming the resistance of wiring is not significant, then connecting the batteries in parallel with long or short wires will make no difference. If the resistance is significant, then you will just waste power in the longer wires.

The idea is that a fractal connection would generate a much longer wire, but between two groups of fractal connections, you could have a short wire connecting them to mimic an overtaking wave from RedBaron's air waves generated and travelling towards the inner surface of the tube, during acceleration, waves are being overtaken.

7 minutes ago, t686 said:

The idea is that a fractal connection would generate a much longer wire, but between two groups of fractal connections, you could have a short wire connecting them to mimic an overtaking wave from RedBaron's air waves generated and travelling towards the inner surface of the tube, during acceleration, waves are being overtaken.

Please show the mathematics behind this "analysis".

If this is just random guesswork then it is not suitable for a science forum.

I think that since RedBarron's device criss-crosses the air inside the tube (from the X-shaped indentation between each mound from the spinning metal wheel inside his much larger metal tube, that's open in the front, closed in the back), what normally is outside would stay outside, ie air outside wouldn't get caught up in that  criss-crossing inside.  But spinning it in an acceleration: 

The picture on the left shows waves generated from constant spinning wheel, the one on the right shows in time the waves generated from accelerated, they get closer and closer together, and since the velocity of the one behind is faster, the one behind will actually overtake the one in front, so the same thing, if you connect batteries in parallel but use a much longer wire, you could connect two groups with a shorter wire, this is what I'm thinking, in a fractal connection, so you can have much fewer batteries generating the same power in  a car's electric bank of lithium ion batteries.  And so RedBarron's device, outside the open front, the oscillation from the spinner inside can generate a noticeable draft because it balloons up small drafts to larger drafts that then go inside the criss-crossing of air inside, whereas before it couldn't go inside at all in a cosntantly spinning velocity, but an accelerating spinner generates the energy from fractal spacing of its waves.  ie the sierpinski triangle fractal, it keeps getting divided by a constant number, so it would look like the picture on the right.

Untitled6.png

RedBarron's spinning wheel, showing the back of the tube that's sealed in the back.  Inside the tube is a small spinning wheel or small solid cylinder really that has "same sized mounds or mountanis" with valleys in-between, the valleys look like shallow X's since the mounds are actually very shallow:   The close-up on the right is a blow-up of a single mound that is on the surface of his spinning wheel, that was dremelled out to create the shape of the mounds.  And what's on the far left is the electric motor that has a rod connected to the spinning wheel with same-sized mounds, probably 8 or 9 of them in a row around the circumferance of the spinning wheel.

Untitled29.png

Edited by t686

By the way this also might be used for fractal image compression, which is no longer used due to slowness of encoding vs. jpeg.  If you are looking at images that are compressed with fractal encoding, or perhaps groups of pictures, you would wants to place the pictures in the fractal image compression instead of a simple same-size subdivision of equal squares say each square holding 20 pixels, you would want to alter the algoriithm for fractal image compression so that you subdivide the picture in a fractal way (instead of just subdividing the image like a chess board, and then collect the 8 aiffine transformations for comparision between image and range for reduction of distortion, which is the end result of the fractal image compression, you go for the same end result, the reduction of distortion (collage theorem) but subidivide the image in a fractal way of varying sized blocks of your picture)  to create "connections" that are more durable or more linked that then could be translated into a neural net algorithm for better learning.  Because small connections would then blow up to a definite connection in this way in fractal image compression.

Edited by t686

I'm going to try this, but I think this will work with my cellular automata.  The one I made on Conway Life Forum, under "other cellular automata", it's a post titled quantum computer, and in it, is an X shaped pattern in an explosive or expanding rule, so this matches the Sierpinski fractal (or fractal explosion).  There's one pattern with the X, where I extended these horizontal lines, so when the pattern expands, it looks like two of those mounds in RedBarron's spinner.  But you can copy and paste a single line horizontally right at the center (there's actually two centers since the center originally was four lit squares), so pick the bottom one and copy the line all the way across the pattern from left edge to right edge.  You can then find the 1-dimensional cellular automata (the X is 2d) that is the Sierpinski fractal and use this very long line.  Then wrap the edges but a shift of 1 square on the top edge relative to the bottom, so it's torus wrapping but a shift of one.  Then I'll have to program or use a fractal video compression to record it in a video.  The shift before always created a line that shot across the screen almost instantly in the blinking squares.  But if you zoom out and alternate the wrapping from a torus to a torus of shift of one square, ie alternate the type of wrapping between a plain torus and a shift of square top to bottom like in pac-man, a line will constantly be shooting across the screen.  But the edge is going to be like RedBarron's device, it's going to suck pixels into the line, like a cloud, so the line should start to gyrate and wiggle like a worm, and I believe it could be used as an intelligence, and the reason it would work is that in any video recording there's shared errors that create ghostly pixels on the edge, but since these all align, the explosive rule in 2d, taking a long line into a 1d sierpinski fractal, and recording with fractal image, it should show up.

It's the clockwise X pattern in the first post on that forum, and notice 4 "flags" on the 4 edges of the large square that stick out, ie the flags stick out from the large center area on the horizontal and vertical edges of the large center thing, there are 4 small flag looking things that I have on it.  Well you can draw a line from a flag on the left edge of the center large square out all the way to the length of one of the 4 diagonal arms, but then keep drawing again by that same distance, and do the same, draw a line from the right flag.  When it executes, you have a bowed out thing going out beyond the 4 arms, and instead of a spinner at the center, it's now a see-saw.  I let it expand until the top and bottom dark V's, it makes a general X shape the whole thing but you want to still have some of the black V, so a general X-shape, and then copy and paste a single long horizontal line after that pattern expands for a while.  A 1-d cellular automata grows out in a V-shape from a single line of light and dark squares at the start, but I'm thinking to wrap the copied line to keep it a single line (the copied line from the ---2d---- automata and into a 1d automata that's the 1d sierpinski generator), ie it's just a blinking single line, but alternating the type of edge wrapping every so often, so that when you zoom out the straight line appears to bend and move from the sucking effect of Red Barron device (here it's shared errors and ordered dithering in the edge pixels of fractal video compression, a lossy form of video compression) that should collectively the outside ghostly pixels to make it appear upon zooming out in Golly, that the line is snaking through a cloud endowed with its own intelligence.

Edited by t686

Yet another iteration of stuff that had no scientific qualities to begin with, what is the purpose of posting things like this:

2 hours ago, t686 said:

By the way this also might be used for fractal image compression

This seems to be thread number four you have started for this kind of speculative device, so far using names such as hole generator, cellular automata, No battery - electric engine and RedBarron's Gravity Generator.

3 hours ago, t686 said:

probably 8 or 9 of them

That's about all the math I can find in this thread, I think something more rigours is required.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.