humility can save the planet.

harlock

- Solar Energy, Wind Energy, Sea Energy  ----> Thermal Energy  ---> molten Sodium Chloride

- 1 m3 of solid Sodium Chloride + 300 kwh of Thermal Energy -----> about 1 m3 of molten Sodium Chloride 

-  1 m3 of molten Sodium Chloride ---> 300 Kwh of Thermal Energy(--->100 Kwh of Electric Energy + 200 kwh of lost heat) + solid Sodium Chloride

- In a single salt mine usually there're several billion m3 of NaCl.

Storing energy with Sodium Chloride?    

The required thermal energy needed to liquefy 1 m3 of NaCl is about 300 kwh(at least), infact its heat of fusion value is about 30 kj/mol ---> 300 kwh/m3, consequently 1 m3 of molten NaCl stores about 300 kwh of thermal energy at the same temperature(about 800°C)..before becoming solid again. The working Temp is around 800°C(T.fus of NaCl), so thermal to electric energy conversion is  potentially efficient.

3 hours ago, harlock said:

The required thermal energy needed to liquefy 1 m3 of NaCl is about 300 kwh(at least), infact its heat of fusion value is about 30 kj/mol ---> 300 kwh/m3, consequently 1 m3 of molten NaCl stores about 300 kwh of thermal energy at the same temperature(about 800°C)..before becoming solid again. The working Temp is around 800°C(T.fus of NaCl), so thermal to electric energy conversion is  potentially efficient.

Again, you’ve described a system that’s 33% efficient (at best) and not given any detail about how you would do anything. Repeating the description doesn’t address this.

No project about it.

I'm suggesting it to everybody because humans probably need it to save Earth planet from pollution.

My idea is to use renewable energy to melt NaCl in order to store it. Then humans can use molten Sodium Chloride to have constant electrical energy from changeable renewable energy...

p.s.

Wind, Sea and hydro energy are largely availabe on the Earth and can directly be converted into thermal energy by Foucault currents without using electrical resistances...: I think it's the key to have cheap renewable energy. if it's cheap, it grows and replaces pollutant energy sources. 

Edited by harlock