Which 2 Equations Did Einstein Discard and Why?

captcass

Einstein's fundamental metric quadratic yields 16 equations. He discarded 4 as they are duplicates and he ends up using 10 after discarding 2 more. What were the 2 of the 12 equations he discarded and why did he discard them? 

I don't know if my replay will answer your question but you can look at it that way:

each tensor has 16 values. however in order for the tensor to satisfy lorentz invariance it can have only 10 independent values, the specific values are not in fixed positions but it depends on your set of coordinates you are using so the question which are the redundant values are observer dependent.

Sorry, no, it doesn't help. He uses 10 to describe the spacetime geometry. 4 are redundant. That leaves 2. I need those 2. And, if anyone knows, why he discarded them. If no one can help with that I will have to try to go through the whole quadratic. I figure someone must know this, though have had no luck yet......I also have had vision problems that I finally got glasses for today, so I haven't been able to spend screen time to get going on this. 

If no one here can help, can you suggest an expert in the math of GR I might contact. Any help would be much appreciated.