Climate change solution: Clocwork to store gravity energy

awaterpon

My machine solve several stage clockwork by avoiding connecting gears directly , however by discharging the energy in steps. And the clockwork has  very high ratios

in this picture  5 gears with spiral springs fixed to them gear #1 with no spring instead weight is used , gear  #2 has the strongest spring , spring in gear #3 is weaker spring #4 is the weakest  and that according to gear ratio gear #5 has no spring it is fixed to a generator

How the machine works:

group number 6 consisted of gear #2 and gear #4 , it moves from side to side continuously to transfer energy between the gears.When the group No (6) moves from right to left rod #8 will release gear #1 and at the same time small gear #2 will touch big gear #1, gear #1 will transfer some of its energy to weaker spring in gear #2, also at the same time small gear #4 will touch big gear #3, so that gear #3 will transfer some of its energy to weaker spring in gear #4.

The opposite happens when the group No (6) moves from left to right:

1)   Rod #8 stops gear #1 to save energy.

2)   Big gear #2 will touch small gear #3 to transfer some energy to it and to be stored.

3)   Big gear #4 will touch small gear #5 to transfer its energy .

In this  picture gear 9 rotates clockwise by another spring. It rotates and stops for a while enabling energy storage and release on the gears in color. gear 9 could be very small to suit gears' teeth length or instead of being divided into two halves it could be divided into thirds , quarters, sixths ,etc to suit gears' teeth length

The machine culd store energy for hours if the ratio is high .Energy could be stored in form of weight inside holes, trains on inclined planes or carbon nano-tube springs.

It could solve climate change problem by storing large-scale energy of solar panels.

I want someone to partner with me and share royalities.

Edited by awaterpon

1 hour ago, Endy0816 said:

I'm afraid there are already similar designs based on gravity out there.

Other designs needs very long distances hard to be practical and solve climate change problem my idea of high ratio clockwork will reduce distance much

Edited by awaterpon

28 minutes ago, awaterpon said:

Any amount.Depends on the mass and hole depth.

@swansont asked valid question to give you hint what you should do the first: make calculations...

Potential energy of 1000 kg object, which is moving back and forth in 1000 m deep tunnel will be E=mgh = 1000 * 9.81 * 1000 = 9.81 MJ.

Typical incandescent lightbulb with 100 W, will use 9.81 MJ in 27 hours (assuming unrealistic 100% efficiency)..

What is cost of 1000 kg of piece of Iron? What is cost of digging 1000 meters (1 km!) hole with reinforcement?

What you're here proposing has been done not once using double large tanks of water, one at higher elevation, second one at lower elevation, upper one filled periodically when energy price is low (or negative), and released when there is demand for energy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pumped-storage_hydroelectricity

I must say, it's pretty much big investment to build such facility..

51 minutes ago, awaterpon said:

..you are limited by mechanical properties of rope..

..tunnel must be waterproof.. pumping underground water or rain water would ruin entire business model.. Mines are suffering huge loses due to underground water which must be all the time pumped out of them.

1 hour ago, awaterpon said:

I rather doubt that “any amount” is viable. If you’re pushing this as a reasonable solution, you need to be able to answer this question.

5 hours ago, awaterpon said:

Other designs needs very long distances hard to be practical and solve climate change problem my idea of high ratio clockwork will reduce distance much

Can you demonstrate that this is more efficient than, for example, pumping water up a hill to a reservoir and then using it to generate hydroelectric power?

Can you show that your concept can be scaled up to generate gigawatts of power?