When particles collide

If my understanding of what they are saying in some of the videos  I've been watching the result and hope of collision is new particles. How does that work? 

Is it just two particles colliding, or is it more like a multi-car pileup?

They speak if creation then nearly instant annihilation. Why so quick? What supports the new particles that drops of so quickly?

"How does that work?".... Everything depends on velocity, kinetic energy, momentum of initial particles..

The higher the above mentioned properties, the more massive/energetic can be newly created particles.

Example is pion creation:

[math]p^+ + p^+ \rightarrow p^+ + p^+ + \pi^0[/math]

[math]p^+ + p^+ \rightarrow p^+ + n^0 + \pi^+[/math]

39 minutes ago, jajrussel said:

They speak if creation then nearly instant annihilation. Why so quick? What supports the new particles that drops of so quickly?

Newly created particles, e.g. pions are extremely unstable, so they decay after a fraction of second..

Edited by Sensei

1 hour ago, Sensei said:

"How does that work?".... Everything depends on velocity, kinetic energy, momentum of initial particles..

The higher the above mentioned properties, the more massive/energetic can be newly created particles.

Example is pion creation:

p++p+p++p++π0

p++p+p++n0+π+

Newly created particles, e.g. pions are extremely unstable, so they decay after a fraction of second..

Hmm? 

Note - when I say Hmm? the translation from science speak to a language I understand is, Say! What? With my best Time Allen imatation... :o

Basically, the part I didn't understand didn't translate with the quote. The part that follows pion creation: ( didn't translate with the quote   )which when translated to my language is an example of, shock and awe, followed by a statement I can understand because it is easy to Google, but I imagine if I attempt to enter the what I assume is math Google will pretty much play dumb, kind of like it does wherever I ask it a question about Google, so you could give me a hint by telling me does p= pion because that is the subject, or is p going to = momentum, because that is what it usually means and I should have never left the kinematic path to venture on the quantum path?Actually, I'm so far it of my league I'm not even sure that my attempt at humor will be recognizable?

Lol...I will try to figure it out, but note I tend to make assumptions. And note the last time I attempted to translate something you wrote, similar, Google did in fact play dumb, but it's all good I enjoyed the challenge until I got tired and feel asleep. :)

Okay now I'm confused because it did translate with the quote, again I'm out of my league and actually this isn't the first time something I thought didn't quote actually did leaving me confused as to why it didn't show up until after posting. I forgot :doh: and hopefully it won't happen again, but it won't be because I understand what's being said, but because I decide to just concentrate on what I do understand. Never mentioning the parts I don't.

Edited by jajrussel

13 hours ago, jajrussel said:

you could give me a hint by telling me does p= pion because that is the subject, or is p going to = momentum, because that is what it usually means and I should have never left the kinematic path to venture on the quantum path?Actually, I'm so far it of my league I'm not even sure that my attempt at humor will be recognizable?

p is proton

pi is pion