We Are All Mutations of The Orgin of Source

Was that really necessary to post your "we knew that yesterday" comment. And it is exciting for myself and I'm sure it will be for others. I have no formal education on the subject matter either, I'm too like you in that I search and research things of interest.  There's things I bet I'm more knowledgeable of that you're not but at the end of the day any science subject that more and more people get interested in is always an exciting prospect even if I'm not pursueing it at the moment.

1 hour ago, SerengetiLion said:

Was that really necessary to post your "we knew that yesterday" comment. And it is exciting for myself and I'm sure it will be for others. I have no formal education on the subject matter either, I'm too like you in that I search and research things of interest.  There's things I bet I'm more knowledgeable of that you're not but at the end of the day any science subject that more and more people get interested in is always an exciting prospect even if I'm not pursueing it at the moment.

It's worth keeping in mind that many, perhaps most, of the members of a science forum have some kind of grounding in the sciences, or have educated themselves to a greater or lesser extent. Thus what has appeared to you as significant and exciting (which it is) is likely to be (very) old hat to most members. It's great that you see the remarkable importance of descent from a common ancestor. Just be patient with those members who have moved on to many of the other wonders of biology that hinge upon that fact.

A book you may wish to consider reading is Daniel Dennet's Darwin's Dangerous Idea, but there are many other works both more or less detailed that cover the same ground. A visit to your local library would be worthwhile.