A disappointing tale.

The moderators here have shown themselves to be intelligent and experienced, as well as patient. They enforce the rules in a consistent manner and do not make rash decisions. It is not possible for them to make decisions that exactly match the decisions each of us would make as we are all somewhat different.

Since it is their job to moderate and they are moderating in a way that is generally consistent with the rules and our expectations, I don't see the point in criticizing a decision they made just because in my opinion they should have steered two degrees to port instead of to starboard. 

In my experience I really hate having someone looking over my shoulder and trying to fine tune my actions. If I've made a big mistake then fine, but otherwise you do your job and let me do mine. I think the moderators deserve the same level of respect that we expect when doing our own jobs.