Enhancing your WiFi

QuantumT

20 minutes ago, studiot said:

The stick and the carrot technique in fraudulent email is all too enticing.

Good security is attention to lots of different details in lots of different areas.

And for the most part, anyone can do it, if they are not too lazy.

The damn vbs I clicked on was a fake T-Mobile invoice. The previous day I negotiated terms with T-Mobile and took delivery of a new phone for my partner which was the reason I cliked on the invoice as I was furious they sent me one despite previous day negotiations. The whole incident had a couple more coincidences like that, its those that are the biggest threat at least to me, in 30 years time I never got hacked or forgot about any piece of any puzzle related to security, its those coincidences that are dangerous.

11 hours ago, koti said:

The damn vbs I clicked on was a fake T-Mobile invoice. The previous day I negotiated terms with T-Mobile and took delivery of a new phone for my partner which was the reason I cliked on the invoice as I was furious they sent me one despite previous day negotiations.

That might be a sign that they already have access to your e-mails and read your correspondence or observe network traffic and knew you're awaiting invoice from specific company..

If you have e-mail account in local domain of your company instead of ISP like gmail.com etc.

you could install POP3/SMTP server and log entire traffic to/from mail account. Use the same login and password for e-mail account as you used to.

If somebody will log-in to your mailbox, you will have a proof.

If you have gmail account you can check who logged in to it:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en

12 hours ago, koti said:

I will still stick to my Ubuntu laptop  with tape over the camera and sound card disabled for wires for now if you don’t mind :P 

Smartphones and tablets have two cameras these days in each device.... and they can be used to remote observe somebody and record sounds... :P

Wiser is to use virtual machine/sandbox. Install OS and everything to virtual disk in page file (SSD). Duplicate file. Mount virtual disk from duplicated file. Work on VM. Delete file. Repeat every day. You have always fresh new installation of OS and apps.

Edited by Sensei

5 hours ago, Sensei said:

That might be a sign that they already have access to your e-mails and read your correspondence or observe network traffic and knew you're awaiting invoice from specific company..

If you have e-mail account in local domain of your company instead of ISP like gmail.com etc.

you could install POP3/SMTP server and log entire traffic to/from mail account. Use the same login and password for e-mail account as you used to.

If somebody will log-in to your mailbox, you will have a proof.

If you have gmail account you can check who logged in to it:

https://support.google.com/mail/answer/45938?hl=en

useful advice.

Thank you. +1