homemade jet engines

flyboy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

dude u gotta watch mythbusters (ch.48 discovery channel) a combustion chamber i might have an idea 4. i wud suggest sum what thick aluminum alloy (light but strong) with like six air brush nozles pointing inward and have a spark plug (dont worry ull only hve ta spark it once) because if u pressurize the fuel tank the constant flowing fuel will keep the flame alive)

know as a chassi is concerened i wud seriously sugjest somthing long wide and stable. a jet engine can be really unstable at times so make sure its STRAIGHT or else ure gonna be in some serious touble. and fabricate ureframe 4 best results

dude u gotta watch mythbusters (ch.48 discovery channel) a combustion chamber i might have an idea 4. i wud suggest sum what thick aluminum alloy (light but strong) with like six air brush nozles pointing inward and have a spark plug (dont worry ull only hve ta spark it once) because if u pressurize the fuel tank the constant flowing fuel will keep the flame alive)

the number for discovery channel in a random location doesn't help.

how would you supply oxigen to the mix? fuel itself won't ignite and too much would choke the oxidation of said fuel.

You should put down your aim. What exactly do you wanna do with it ?

Turbojets & Turbofans are complex. You must have a fan to suck in the air, a compressor, a turboshaft connected to another fan to keep the main fan spinning, and a nozzle. IF you want more power and are ready to compromise fuel, add an extra length of tubing to the end of thenozzle and include in it some arrangement to inject fuel. This would be your afterburner. Once you start the engine, the airflow will be constant, and the air/fuel mixture will ignite automatically.

However, a much easier alternative, would be a pulsejet. A jet engine similar to a 4-stroke internal combustion engine. This is much simpler. A long narrow tube (length and dimensions depend on how much thrust you want) with a reed valve. No moving parts and very simple. Send me a PM if you wanna know more. That is if you haven't started your Turbojet. :cool:

• 2 months later...