The perfect fusion reactor

Phantom5

Ok, when you take a sphere and put in the middle maybe natrium.

Then you make in the inner sphere reflectiv for a radiation that reflects at a special element for nearbe 100%.

The natrium must be compressed more and more it gives no other way and the radiation you put in the sphere, it reflects more and more and press maybe natrium.

Look in the german wikipedia at the picture from edmond halley and the hollow earth. That is the absolutely perfect fusion reactor it doesnt go more naturally.

What you think about it?

Greetings phantom5

4 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

Then you make in the inner sphere reflectiv for a radiation that reflects at a special element for nearbe 100%.

The natrium must be compressed more and more it gives no other way and the radiation you put in the sphere, it reflects more and more and press maybe natrium.

So basically if there was some way to advance technology way beyond what is currently possible we could have a fusion reactor?  Can't argue with that.

6 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

Look in the german wikipedia at the picture from edmond halley and the hollow earth. That is the absolutely perfect fusion reactor it doesnt go more naturally.

Hollow Earth?  Uh, what?

We have no one fusion reactor that is efficency and iter is not ready. And no one knows it works and peoduces energy. I know much over the biggest project iter.

And about the hollow earth it is anorher thing and has not much to do with this forum.

I mean in a sphere of iron or something else.

When the natrium or another element that you bring to fusion melts then you need a very small sphere, you must look at the pressure and you must check the heat that the sphere not melts. But you want heat, heat is the thing we want and we are short before that we can make heat also infrared radiation into electricity.

Here is an example...

https://www.powerelectronics.com/alternative-energy/optical-rectenna-combined-rectifier-and-antenna-converts-light-dc-current

1 hour ago, Phantom5 said:

Most of us call that sodium.

Near-perfect reflection is difficult, except for certain wavelengths in a narrow range.

What you think about it?

Way to vague to be a discussion here in speculations. You need more rigor.

Hello

So the perfect shape is round, look at the space.

If you take a hollow sphere now, let's just take an example, you take light and only theoretically the hollow sphere is 100% mirrored from the inside and you send in more and more light. Photons have a mass and the question is what happens to the light when it reaches a certain point?

Could one talk about the whiteness of the 5th state of matter? Would light become plasma, and if it were further compressed, that is, more light was directed into the hollow sphere, would it become gas?

Then one can ask the question what happens with infrared? If you provide the hollow sphere with an infrared reflecting layer from the inside?

What would happen? Does plasma arise?

Let us now come in part for the fusion reactor.

If the hollow sphere reflects on all sides then the pressure in the middle should be highest. Suppose you put a ball of sodium there or you just use hydrogen as gas.

The sodium ball would most likely melt and sooner or later become plasma, which should not expand too strong spatially, this would have to withstand the corresponding pressures of the ball and best in addition, depends on whether you are working with a reflective layer, another layer Insert reflective infrared material to better control the heat.

The whole thing could be explosive as it is sometimes the case with reactors.

It is safe to assume that the pressure in the middle of the ball is highest because of all the walls of the hollow sphere, the radiation is conducted to the center.

As physicists know, elements absorb or reflect frequencies in a different way, so it's important to remember which reflective layers and material to use for fusion.

From which type of radiation one then generates energy in itself freely selectable, that depends on which layers are incorporated for reflection in the hollow sphere.

Ok extra low frequency will be hard.

In the meantime, there are antennas from the field of nanotechnology that convert light directly into electricity; the whole would certainly also be possible with other frequencies.

In addition, as I suspect one would have to choose a frequency that, in the case of hydrogen, does not absorb but reflects.

In my physical knowledge, the spectral lines of hydrogen are long outdated as an example because it is certainly a conglomerate of hydrogen atoms. Hydrogen has a radius of 25pm as atom and a wilting length of 21cm to an atom of 50pm diameter seems more aks questionable.

Explainable is also quite simple and although you would have several church bells that are in contact with each other and you come across one would certainly have a different frequency than if you had only one bell. The spectral lines have certainly all been measured by an accumulation of atoms.

Well, now must first be good ........

What do you all mean?

Sounds stupid but ITER is a suicide mission against it. It could not be easier and perfect is where you can not leave anything out.

18 minutes ago, Strange said:

:blink:

I have a question it is for me a quiz that swanston and you dont understand much things, what is your job? On which university you was and what have you and swanston study there?

You say much things that you hold for wrong but these things are correct i read these things all. In books, in wikipedia, in scientific newspapers and and and....

3 minutes ago, Phantom5 said:

You say much things that you hold for wrong but these things are correct i read these things all. In books, in wikipedia, in scientific newspapers and and and....

Science is best learned in the classroom, as opposed to the popular press. This leads to actual working experience.

I know Strange and swansont both work in engineering and physics as professionals. They give of their time to help amateurs with their ideas here, but most don't reject the help the way you do. If you don't want to learn from physicists and engineers, perhaps you should find another discussion forum. You seem more interested in your wild guesswork.

I have a question it is for me a quiz that swanston and you dont understand much things, what is your job? On which university you was and what have you and swanston study there?

Nor sure who swanston is, but I have a PhD in atomic physics.

I have trouble understanding you because your posts only have a tenuous connection to physics. I don’t know what it is you understand, and what misconceptions you have.

For example, “Photons have a mass and the question is what happens to the light when it reaches a certain point?

What is that certain point? You don’t describe it, at all. How can one answer such a question?

“Could one talk about the whiteness of the 5th state of matter?”

What does this even mean? Whiteness? What do you mean by the 5th state of matter? 

Your whole post is riddled with such issues.

On 3/26/2019 at 1:11 PM, Phantom5 said:

When you add energy (obviously in form of photons, accelerated electrons or other particles) to neutral atom e.g.:

1123Na + E -> 1123Na+ + e-

You ionize atom. Atom has now 11 protons, 12 neutrons, and 10 electrons.

Then you add even more energy.

1123Na+ + E -> 1123Na2+ + e-

Repeat it as many times as you have electrons bound to specific atom.

To fully ionize Sodium atom, you need a lot of energy per single atom (in contrary to Hydrogen which requires 13.6 eV). To eject the last electron from Sodium there is needed ~1.65 keV:

1123Na10+ + 1.65 keV -> 1123Na11+ + e-

Reminding you, just ejected electrons will be recaptured! So you need to add even more energy again, to reionize them.

When you have free nucleus without any electrons, it can fuse with something else, after going through Coulomb's barrier.

What are paths in which Sodium could fuse with other Sodium atom?

Let's see:

FusionEnergyCalculator.exe 11 23 11 23
Na-23 + Na-23 -> Ti-46 + y + 25.0637 MeV
Na-23 + Na-23 -> Sc-45 + p+ + 14.7192 MeV
Na-23 + Na-23 -> Ti-45 + n0 + 11.8751 MeV
Na-23 + Na-23 -> Sc-46 + e+ + Ve + 21.6754 MeV

On 3/26/2019 at 2:21 PM, swansont said:

Near-perfect reflection is difficult, except for certain wavelengths in a narrow range.

..and there is a lot of more problems.. Sodium core will eject electrons in photoelectric effect, and newly created electrons cloud will disallow photons to get to the surface of core.. Photons will scatter with electrons..

Edited by Sensei