Anyone read "Darwin's Black Box" ?

Trurl

On 6/16/2022 at 7:03 PM, Bufofrog said:

You believe in the past mankind knew about DNA and gene editing.  That is an absurdly far fetched idea!

Actually I was referring to the creative designer which you also think is far fetched.

But since you bring it up what in science says are ancestors can’t be more advanced?

I don’t mean this as an insult. I want you to ponder it. Things like pyramids, construction, knowledge of math. Do we have anyone in the world today that is operating at that level to produce such things?

10 hours ago, Trurl said:

Actually I was referring to the creative designer which you also think is far fetched.

But since you bring it up what in science says are ancestors can’t be more advanced?

I don’t mean this as an insult. I want you to ponder it. Things like pyramids, construction, knowledge of math. Do we have anyone in the world today that is operating at that level to produce such things?

Our ancestors, at best, are equally advanced...

But what has this got to do with the price of egg's???

21 hours ago, Trurl said:

Oh, yes I do think that is far fetched.

History and archeology.  

Things like pyramids, construction, knowledge of math. Do we have anyone in the world today that is operating at that level to produce such things?

Seriously?  We far more advanced.  

In the book, DBB, the author says the complexity and construction of living creatures cannot happen without design. Like when you see a bridge and know engineers developed it. It is not proof but it is logical.

But on a side note, we do have history and archeology but they are limited because we can only look at what’s left over. We can say communication is better today early humans didn’t have written language, but these people were building arches and the Great Wall of China. So by what method do we tell how advanced they are? We thing man advanced became smarter and now we have nuclear power, electricity, and cars but that took thousands of years. Are we smarter than our ancestors? It is more logical to say technology improved with time, but is there a measure of technology advancement? I mean if we graph it mathematically what does the rate of change show?

What is putting evolution in motion? DNA and folding proteins? What puts everything together?

But what I think is evolving is the mind across a lifetime. I mean both nature vs. nature occurring as one. If connecting proteins is like connecting transistors when does the mind develop. We don’t have Ai yet. When does a evolved organism start to think?

These are just my thoughts. I’m sure everyone ponders them sometimes. Things like the ancient Greeks building on what was already known about parallel lines. When you have to hunt and gather food, who thinks about parallel lines?

All that goes beyond the scope of the book. But evolution to me is what occurs after the organism is formed.

On 6/16/2022 at 7:49 PM, Trurl said:

The author is explaining the biological systems are too complex not to be designed. He uses verbose analogies such as why blood clots and how the eye reacts to light. It’s over done. We know it is complex.

The author has a point. I don't understand why evolutionists can claim it can all be done in the way they describe in just 6,000 years.

If evolution is true you'd think it would have taken much longer. 

(Just kidding Truri...I will see myself out)