Would you prefer a mechanical body?

QuantumT

Aren't you sometimes tired of...

eating and shitting?

Of getting older?

Of headaches, nausea and bad sleep?

What if you could get a mechanical body, that could last forever. One that could imitate sex, eating and even using drugs.

Would you say yes or no? And why?

On 3/19/2019 at 6:51 PM, QuantumT said:

Aren't you sometimes tired of...

eating and shitting?

Of getting older?

Of headaches, nausea and bad sleep?

What if you could get a mechanical body, that could last forever. One that could imitate sex, eating and even using drugs.

Would you say yes or no? And why?

No... The reason... you said it yourself, it would be an imitation. I would end up depressed, lamenting the good old days when life was real. Then the government would step in and insist that since I don't need to rest then I will work 24,7 or be dismantled. Wait a minute,  :doh: my last employer used to do that caring less about the governments blessing. Their motto ( 24,7 when needed or be dismissed. Resistance is futile, dismissal is final. )

On 3/20/2019 at 11:26 AM, swansont said:

I know of nothing mechanical that would last forever.

Paraphrasing OP "would you prefer a mechanical virtual body?"... ? ;)

.. it reminds me movie "Surrogates" with Bruce Willis..

• 3 months later...

Yes! Lets create a society of super beings where every market, hierarchy and competitive structure lends it self to total corruption! It would clearly solve our most important problems, the physiological ones, and not those pleasing, agreable and outright delightful psychological idiosyncracies.

Absolutely, I would love it, and I already know what I'd get mechanised first too.

id also get lasers in my robot eyes, titanium body, quantum chip brain, rocket thrusters for feet, built in sound system, microwave stomach, think of all the things you could do...

But seriously, if we were at an age when we are travelling around the galaxy I imagine some "modifications" would be advantageous.