Frisbee shaped flying apparatus..

Jase

1 hour ago, Jase said:

Could one use the apparent effects of a frisbee to boost a craft above the atmosphere to receive a relatively small rocket boost to get into orbit? 

Hello! What is the "apparent effects of a frisbee"? 

How it's able to stay airborne despite relatively little energy being put into it over a vast difference.. like make a frisbee shaped structure and launching it with an enormous amount of energy and using high efficiency jets/rockets to accelerate with additional energy and achieve escape velocity (inpart using the lack of air resistance and higher gravititional assists based on it's angle and lack of air resistance to sustain motion)

I've only very limited knowledge about aerodynamics but I'll add some thoughts so others may fill in. 
The shape of the frisbee is an airfoil* in cross-section so the frisbee's ability to generate lift is similar to an air plane wing. Hence a frisbee shaped vehicle would have pretty much the same pros or cons as an airplane wing regarding the ability to allow for easier launch into orbit. And since the frisbee (or any airfoil shape) needs to move at a certain speed relative the air to be able to generate lift I believe a few issues arise:
1: To reach orbit the vehicle have to leave the atmosphere so the ability to lift is reduced as altitude is gained.
2: A lot of fuel is required to move fast enough to generate lift.
3: A large enough structure going fast enough will be affected by drag and get heated. Think for instance of the space shuttle returning to earth. 

My answer would be: using the aerodynamics of a frisbee is not a practical approach to launch anything into orbit. 

Notes:
-I have no calculations art this time to support my claims above. 
-The spinning of the frisbee imparts a stabilizing gyroscopic force but does not add lift as far as I know.
-wikipedia/Frisbee
-wikipedia/Airfoil

Edited by Ghideon
grammar