CharonY

The case for reparations

2 minutes ago, iNow said:

And what, ask them to fund reparations? I'm confused how this matters to the topic

Absolutely, Iran and Saudi Arabia, the source of islam . And if you are going to compensatae slaves, why are you discriminating against none US slaves?  Were the ones in the US just lucky ?

1 hour ago, internetcynic said:

In their world , they did nothing wrong , as judged by thier peers.

Their peers were abolitionists. England abolished slavery prior to the US and pushed the US to do so. You need a new history book.

37 minutes ago, internetcynic said:

And lets establish another point. Moslems were slaving in africa FOUR HUNDRED YEARS before the white man got there.

And Christians were slaving before Muslims. WTF has that got to do with whether or not it is wrong?

You coud ltake this to ridiculous lengths

Why would you want to do that?!?! No one here but you is suggesting anything like that.

3 minutes ago, zapatos said:

And Christians were slaving before Muslims. WTF has that got to do with whether or not it is wrong?

Exactly, it's a pointless distraction. Internetcynic:  read the thread and keep your posts in context of the OP.

thought i might get an interesting debate  here, the science forum was dull, this one is slow, think ill move  on... nothing going on here, letting topics wander is how you get intersting POV's developing.

1 minute ago, internetcynic said:

thought i might get an interesting debate  here, the science forum was dull, this one is slow, think ill move  on... nothing going on here, letting topics wander is how you get intersting POV's developing.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

You coud ltake this to ridiculous lengths. As an englishman, i demand reparations and an apology from Sweden for the VIking invasion of Britain in the Dark ages, for all the rape, pillage and burning.

As an Englishman there is a good chance you have some Viking DNA. Perhaps you can solve the issue by paying yourself reparations.