Jump to content
Sirjon

Are Humans Aliens of this Planet?

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I'm just wondering, what this planet would look like if there's no human living on it.

As I imagine it - there will be no pollution, no over population and no more endangered animals and among other things. I believe that humans are not part of nature, in a sense that although biologically, our body comply with the laws of nature, we try to fit nature to our needs. If we believe in what we learned from school, that human originally came from a primate like a monkey or ape, how come for many centuries now, we not even heard of any changes regarding offspring of monkey or ape in a city zoo to adapt its environment and evolved? I think, human originally came from some kind of an entity (the alien in non-physical form) and  to survive, by their own kind of technology, implant their existence to a certain ape or monkey and evolved as what we are now. Let me simply say, humans never learned to adapt with his environment - in contrary, we keep making the environment adapt to us. So, probably, we are indeed, the aliens on this planet. What can you say about this?
 

Edited by Sirjon
Added more sentences to make it more interesting...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There would be no anthropogenic pollution- by definition. However, large-scale changes have and will continue to happen, including extinction. The major difference is in fact the time frame, which is only possible due to industrialization. Also, note that that the split between chimpanzees and humans occurred more than 6 million years ago. So a few centuries is nothing. 

So no, we are not aliens. We are not even the only animals that change their environment for their purposes. As mentioned, time and scale are the main  differences.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, CharonY said:

.... We are not even the only animals that change their environment for their purposes. As mentioned, time and scale are the main  differences.

That's interesting. I know that beaver, is a good example. So, what you're saying, that by chance, even if humans not exist, it will somehow or  someday, extinction will happen? How about the Biological Equilibrium, such as plants grow and certain animals eat plants and other animals eat animals and they die and their remains decomposed and become plants and the cycle goes on and on.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Extinctions have happened all the time. In fact, most species that have existed at any time point on Earth have become extinct. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 But how can you say about why we 'need' to built a city out of tall buildings if lions and the bees remains in caves and bee hives? Is there something distinctive about human beings?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I do not follow and I never said "need". Humans are more adaptable in devising strategies than most other species, if that is what you mean.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry, not 'how' but rather, WHAT can you say...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Sirjon said:

I think, human originally came from some kind of an entity (the alien in non-physical form) and  to survive, by their own kind of technology, implant their existence to a certain ape or monkey and evolved as what we are now.

Evoking magic to bolster your idea is generally not helpful in proving your point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Sirjon said:

I'm sorry, not 'how' but rather, WHAT can you say...

 

There were a number of developments before humans were able to create settlements none of which requiring magic of any sorts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It 

2 minutes ago, Bufofrog said:

Evoking magic to bolster your idea is generally not helpful in proving your point.

There's nothing to prove, in fact I just wondering, asking question why it seems to be that to all the many kinds of species in this planet, how come we seem to be very different from them. Consider it, as,  for simplicity, as speculation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I afraid that this is the wrong forum, then. We are interested in scientific discussions and not in baseless speculations.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sirjon said:

That's interesting. I know that beaver, is a good example. So, what you're saying, that by chance, even if humans not exist, it will somehow or  someday, extinction will happen? How about the Biological Equilibrium, such as plants grow and certain animals eat plants and other animals eat animals and they die and their remains decomposed and become plants and the cycle goes on and on.

The presence of oxygen in Earth's atmosphere is a result of the organisms that could do photosynthesis. This released the toxic pollutant oxygen into the atmosphere into the atmosphere that destroyed many other species.

1 hour ago, Sirjon said:

There's nothing to prove, in fact I just wondering, asking question why it seems to be that to all the many kinds of species in this planet, how come we seem to be very different from them. 

Humans are not very different from other species. We are very similar to other primates. We have a lot in common with other mammals. We have quite a lot in common with other vertebrates. We have some very important things in common with every other organism on the planet.

 

2 hours ago, Sirjon said:

I think, human originally came from some kind of an entity (the alien in non-physical form)

Do you have any evidence for this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sirjon said:

There's nothing to prove, in fact I just wondering, asking question why it seems to be that to all the many kinds of species in this planet, how come we seem to be very different from them. 

We have a richer, denser, higher level of intelligence than most other animals. We don't have rows and rows of replaceable teeth. We don't have razor sharp claws. We can't flap our wings and fly. All animals use their talents to adapt to changing environments, and our intelligence coupled with some other skills (cooperation, communication, too use, for instance) allows us to be this "different". 

As vertebrates, our ancestry goes all the way back to tiny little fish that were the first creatures with skeletons on the insides. We've diversified much since then. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/19/2019 at 2:59 AM, Strange said:
On 3/19/2019 at 2:59 AM, Strange said:

I think, human originally came from some kind of an entity (the alien in non-physical form)

.Do you have any evidence for this?

Well, not really as evidence in terms of 'scientific basis'.  But I wonder what is in every human's brain that we're more advance on how we think, compared to all other species in this planet? How we tremendously progressed to a point that we able to manipulate the laws of nature through technology that what we keeping to achieve is a perfect world that fits to our need? I can say, as an analogy to a computer, a human brain is a hardware where a special program been installed on it to be able to make the environment to adapt to what he want it instead of other species' brains which have programs that obey the law of nature and by simply restricted on the Biological Life's Cycle. Are we, after all, could be, accidentally been created, a kind of anomaly during the early stage of  the planet's history? 

On 3/19/2019 at 2:58 AM, CharonY said:

I afraid that this is the wrong forum, then. We are interested in scientific discussions and not in baseless speculations.

Should this be transferred to Speculations rather than Philosophy section?

Edited by Sirjon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2019 at 5:23 AM, Sirjon said:

There's nothing to prove, in fact I just wondering, asking question why it seems to be that to all the many kinds of species in this planet, how come we seem to be very different from them. Consider it, as,  for simplicity, as speculation.

Different? I'm pretty sure we have 99% of the dna a chimp does...although I'm also sure, with some, its much closer to 100% :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sirjon said:

 I can say, as an analogy to a computer, a human brain is a hardware where a special program been installed on it

Our brains are not significantly different from other animals. We have some abilities that others don’t, and lack some capabilities that others have. 

4 hours ago, Sirjon said:

Should this be transferred to Speculations rather than Philosophy section?

No, because you have no evidence. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 3/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Sirjon said:

Let me simply say, humans never learned to adapt with his environment

Easily falsifiable statement.. e.g. Inuits, Indians, Aborigines are examples of people who adopted to environment without changing it much..

On 3/18/2019 at 6:23 PM, Sirjon said:

in contrary, we keep making the environment adapt to us.

That's true in modern days. For millions of years of evolution, especially prior agricultural revolution, and settlement, it was not the case.

There are possible cosmic-scale adaptations of environment by intelligent life forms (or artificial intelligence) like Dyson Sphere, or constellation of remotely controlled satellites-mirrors reflecting too high power of the star (to limit inevitable permanent global warming in the future when the Sun will start to transform to red giant).. You have to make such constellation of satellites or die (the Sun will vaporize planets and later capture a few the closest one and merge with them).

Edited by Sensei

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, beecee said:

Different? I'm pretty sure we have 99% of the dna a chimp does...although I'm also sure, with some, its much closer to 100% :P

I hope we all are humans here... not merely looks like a human but acting more like a chimpanzee, more civilized in attacking people, based on argument...(sorry Folks,  I felt offended with this statement). 

6 hours ago, Sensei said:

 

That's true in modern days. For millions of years of evolution, especially prior agricultural revolution, and settlement, it was not the case.

There are possible cosmic-scale adaptations of environment by intelligent life forms (or artificial intelligence) like Dyson Sphere, or constellation of remotely controlled satellites-mirrors reflecting too high power of the star (to limit inevitable permanent global warming in the future when the Sun will start to transform to red giant).. You have to make such constellation of satellites or die (the Sun will vaporize planets and later capture a few the closest one and merge with them).

Alright Folks, I think we have a winner. Thank you Sensei, of all the replies that I got here, only this is the most relevant answer I got. Any way, thank you to those who participated in enlightening me. Have a good day. 

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Sirjon said:

I hope we all are humans here... not merely looks like a human but acting more like a chimpanzee, more civilized in attacking people, based on argument...(sorry Folks,  I felt offended with this statement).  

I'm not sure why it would offend you - Homo sapiens is simply not very unique compared to other vertebrates by any biological measure - we have anatomical, physiological and genetic homology with other vertebrates on earth. The evidence for shared ancestry of humans with other vertebrates is very strong. 

Also, we have confirmation bias when it comes to recognizing environmental change we cause - we tend to notice the things that appear most different to us, which tends to be the deliberate changes we make to our environment. Aside from the classic example of the impact of photosynthesis on atmospheric composition, rinderpest virus dramatically altered the entire forest structure and ecology of sub-Saharan Africa in a matter of a decade http://oxfordre.com/africanhistory/view/10.1093/acrefore/9780190277734.001.0001/acrefore-9780190277734-e-375

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sirjon said:

I hope we all are humans here... not merely looks like a human but acting more like a chimpanzee, more civilized in attacking people, based on argument...(sorry Folks,  I felt offended with this statement). .

Why would you be offended? It was a bit of humor referring to no one in particular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First, we should prove the existence of the Aliens themselves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, Mans said:

First, we should prove the existence of the Aliens themselves!

have you seen the press! they're everywhere!!! :rolleyes:

Edited by dimreepr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2019 at 1:50 PM, Sirjon said:

That's interesting. I know that beaver, is a good example. So, what you're saying, that by chance, even if humans not exist, it will somehow or  someday, extinction will happen? How about the Biological Equilibrium, such as plants grow and certain animals eat plants and other animals eat animals and they die and their remains decomposed and become plants and the cycle goes on and on.

 

There have been several mass extinction throughout the history of earth which predate humans, Link. More than 99 percent of all species, amounting to over five billion species, that ever lived on Earth are estimated to have died out, link.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:07 PM, Sirjon said:

 But how can you say about why we 'need' to built a city out of tall buildings if lions and the bees remains in caves and bee hives? Is there something distinctive about human beings?

There is something distinctive about all species. It is no coincidence that as a human you are more uniquely aware and fascinated by human distinctness than that of other animals. Likewise a Peacock is more attune to the distinctive patterns in Peacock feathers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.